Looking for Prayers, good luck, spells - whatever you believe in.

Best wishes to you, Khadaji. Sounds like an awful experience; I hope the surgery does the trick. Please keep us updated on how you’re doing. Lots of prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

GT

Best of wishes Khadaji on a safe surgery, speedy recovery and having some of your favorite food after it’s all done. BB.

God bless and may your health improve soon.

I will implore the Lord Cthulhu to eat you first.

Tomorrow is it gang. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Last year I said that the dopers must have some might big pull with the Powers-That-Be because it went so amazingly. I’m hoping that They are still listening!

The doc gave me some anti-nausea medicine yesterday and I’ve had the best two days that I’ve had in weeks and weeks. I dunno why he didn’t do it sooner, but I’m glad he did it. :slight_smile:

It is in-and-out and I’ll try to post and let you know how it went. Thanks all!

Glad you got a few days of relief. It will probably help you weather the surgery better. I’d be really curious to find out why the doctor *didn’t * do that before. But I hope by tomorrow it will be a moot point and you feel better enough to give an update. Good luck!

I will be glad when Khadaji is feeling well enough to let us know how the surgery went. My gall bladder removal was easy, but it was somewhat like a bean bag when it was opened. Lots of stones.

I guess if we hear a pinging against our monitors, we will know that Khadaji is back.

I had to live on baby food for six weeks when my stomach by-pass was done. That was easy to digest. The bananas were great, but don’t let anybody talk you into the broccoli and beef!

Be well in peace.

Khadaji, you are in my thoughts today. I don’t believe in much, but you have my high hopes and best wishes.

Well, things did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. :frowning:

What was supposed to be in and out turned into an all nighter because I was too dehyrdated and my BP was too low.

Today I am still full of nausea. :frowning: But most of the pain is gone (the pain I have is related to the operation, not the same as before.)

They wanted to keep me overnight again, but my ride was there and it is a 2 hour trip and I just wanted to come home. I may regret it, but there it is

Thanks for all your good thoughts! I’ll keep you updated.

Khadaji, sorry to hear things took longer than expected. Hopefully you’ll heal faster being at home in a familiar environment. Glad to hear that the pain you have is now from the operation and not the gallstones. Hope you’ll be back to something closer to normal really soon.

Keep us updated.

GT

Sorry to hear it didn’t go so well. At least you’re home now–I always think people recover more quickly at home.

Is someone staying with you or checking with you regularly to make sure that dehydration is under control? I don’t want to have to sit and worry about you all night!

Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery, and my thoughts are with you.

Thinking good healing thoughts in your direction. Take care of yourself!

No, unfortunately it is just me. But that is true always for me, and I’m too concerned.

Pain is rather bad today, and I’m thinking of breaking down and having some pain medicine. I don’t like to because that can cause the stomach to sleep but it is what it is.

Pain=bad

Vicoden=good

How do the stitches look? Or is it just a draining tube? Sorry, I can’t remember what my friend told me.

Have you been able to eat anything? I hope someone is calling and at least checking on you. Dehydration has a way of sneaking up on a person.

Wish things had gone smoother for you, khadaji. Hope you’re keeping up the fluids even if you don’t feel like taking anything in. Did you stock up on supplies before you went in to the hospital? Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Good luck vibes for a speedy recovery

No stitches or draining tube. Just 4 bandaids.

Am trying hard to force the fluids. Is an ardous process. A few sips - wait for the stomach to behave - a few sips - ad nauseum.

It may be premature, perhaps a few more days will see the stomach start again, but this goes a little ways towards my theory that I have Gastroparesis. I would have preferred to be wrong. :slight_smile:

What did your surgeon say about the condition of your gall bladder after removal? Did he say there were, “OMG< so many stones” or “OMG< it was all slimey and swollen”. Or did it just look unremarkable?

And from me to you… take the damn pain pill. It’ll help some part of your body relax a tad more, making it easier to heal. Maybe it’ll make ya thirsty too and you’ll get a side benefit.

He said it was definitely diseased. There was a big stone right in front of but not in the bile duct.

I’m already thirsty - thirsty enough to go nuts. But drinking makes me pretty sick, so it is a slow process.

Khadaji, any better today?