Looking for recipes for a cancer patient

Late last year, my late-60s mother discovered that, in addition to the panoply of health problems that have plagued her this century, she had breast cancer. In January she had a double mastectomy, and since then she has been on a various drugs (but not chemotherapy proper) to deal with the aftermath. As a result of her regimen she has a sharply decreased appetite and difficulty keeping food down. One thing I’ve noticed, though, is that when I bring her muffins over, she always manages to finish them. Can anyone suggest any other foods I might try? I’m looking either for things easy to transport so I can bring them over, or easy to cook so my father (not skilled in the kitchen) can prepare.

Thanks,

It would be helpful to know what her likes and dislikes are. Also, have you noticed any patterns (other than the muffins) in the types of food she’s able to keep down?

One of the weirder side effects of cancer treatment is that it tends to mess with the person’s sense of taste. Favorite foods no longer taste right, and sometimes things they’d never liked before become palatable. My ex’s father went off many of the foods he’d loved all his life, and developed a fondness for chocolate milk. Said it was one of the only things that tasted right.

Oh…not a cannibalism thread. Never mind.

Mind-bogglingly inappropriate. My apologies.