Looking for some (partisan) presidential rankings

I’m looking for some lists which rank the presidents from best to worst from scholars or commentators who are admittedly liberal, conservative, and libertarian, respectively. In other words, I’m not looking for general surveys of scholars or commentators about how they’d rank the presidents, but rankings from admittedly partisan scholars and commentators.

I would be much obliged if you guys could send me any links you have. I have already found rankings from David Mayer, Ivan Eland, and Paul Zummo.

You can get a lot of rankings here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

I wrote that " I’m not looking for general surveys of scholars or commentators about how they’d rank the presidents, but rankings from admittedly partisan scholars and commentators." All of the rankings in that Wikipedia article are of the former type (that is, the one I’m not looking for).

None of the surveys will admit to being biased, but they all are. The presidents were originally ranked by Arthur Schlesinger (he worked directly for FDR) and his chosen cohorts, and his two surveys placed the Presidents through Truman in thier respective places. All things being equal, Democrats tend to be ranked higher than Republicans. One big excuse given for a certain presidents ranking is wether they were wartime presidents. The problem is that wartime Republicans rank lower than Democratic counterpartts. The average rank of wartime presidents is as follows

1. Lincoln 1.50
  2. FDR 2.50
  3. Truman 7.48
  4. Wilson 8.09
  5. Polk 11.50
  6. JFK 12.80
  7. Madison 13.27
  8. LBJ 14.70
  9. Obama 15.00
  10. McKinley 16.77
  11. Bush 21.57
  12. Nixon 29.44
  13. George W Bush 30.83

You should notice the wartime republicans rank far lower than the Democrats. (except Lincoln) If wartime service were a major determining factor, McKinley and the First Bush should rank far higher, as they fought wars that were short and decisive. Further LBJ’s bungling in Vietnam shoulkd put him at the bottom.