Looks good....

Actually looks better on my phone now.

I like the “view first unread” button. Very utilitarian choice. Keep it, but change it to a slightly contrasting/complementary colour instead of the currently garish dark red.

And turn off “show your signature” as default. This isn’t an office email chain.

Welp, rather than piss and moan as they play with settings all night, I’ll wait and do it all at once in the morning.

I am not a fan. It’s ugly stylistically, the spacing is much too large (less to be seen on one page on the screen), and, as noted, if what you quoted changes as someone edits it, that’s just not a good idea, period.

To the guys presumably still working on this. The text field (? color block) containing quoted posts needs to be darker. A post containing multiple quotes is very hard to read.

And [I]green* highlighting?

New! I HATE new! :smiley:

Seems like change for the sake of change. Not as good looking (and the old interface was a low bar), no new features that I can see. No avatars. Agree that it seems like stepping back in time.

The ads just kicked in and made the phone version unreadable. So I’ll check it out in the morning too.

I’m guessing we’re a long ways from it’s final form.

The blue post headers are a bad, bad idea. The highlighting is weird, but I guess it’s innocuous enough. The “Reply with Quote” et al. actions on each post have a very unfinished look to them. Extra row padding on the forum views adds a lot of scrolling, but it’s tolerable. The go to top arrow is nice, but will get rare use. The “Go” button on the forum jump and the “Post Quick Reply” buttons seem to be missing styles. The user info at the top of each post seems to have messed up alignment.

Ooo, no page refresh after submitting a quick reply, that’s nice. So is the inline edit box.

Oh good, the one feature I wanted - that the “go to last unread post” button would work properly, does not work. If you view from different browsers (say desktop vs phone) and click “go to last unread” it will take you to a more or less random post. Maybe if you’re lucky it’ll take you to the last unread post it took you to from the other browser, sometimes just random, but never actually works right.

Other message boards can get this feature right somehow.

For all the new gizmos and software updates I invariably encounter these days, I can usually go from ALL CHANGE BAD ME HATE THIS to “hey, this is fine, maybe even a little better than before, not sure why I didn’t like it at first” in a couple of days. I’m sure that will happen here as well.

The thing that surprises me is … no one thought to advise the users, through a thread in ATMB, that this was happening? I hope the mods were at least treated to advance warning, even if we hoi polloi were not.

To my old eyes it is MUCH easier to read. I like it.

ETA: One exception, when I hit “New Posts” the table that shows up is way too spread out (vertically). I think this is due to the “Last Post” column being set too narrow a width.

Just looked at IMHO and see from a thread there that the upgrade WAS announced, though I somehow missed it (not surprising, I’ve been on airplanes for about 65 of the last 72 hours. Or at any rate it feels that way, though that statistic is probably grossly exaggerated.)

There was a note from Ed Zotti at the top of all the forums for the past couple of days.

Thisis what I meant by the “text field” on quotes should be a little darker.
Multi quoted posts are a little tough to read.
Thanks!

I find it jarring. Came in through search, which looked normal enough. Then followed a link, and oh no we’ve been mobile-phone-ified.

I sorta like the return to top arrow, but I don’t think I like the blue background. Black on white is much easier on my eyes. Still, I expect I’ll get used to it.

Mine, too. God, this is horrible. If it’s not unfucked by tomorrow, I’m off to the Giraffe Boards permanently. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. This is like New Coke. I want the old version back. It worked just fine on my phone.

Use Tapatalk. Nothing has changed here as far as I can tell.

Tapatalk has two or three advantages and dozens of disadvantages (largely with formatting posts, but other stuff as well). It is a net suck, at least in its present form.

I’m unsure if I like it, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. At any rate, I agree with you, in that I no longer need my glasses to read the board. Not now, anyway; wait a few years and I will need them again.