Lost 2.4: "Everybody Hates Hugo" (OPEN SPOILERS)

That’s the one! What the Hell is that all about? :smiley: :eek:

I just love Hurley. Can’t wait to see more about his story.

But we better see a little more Desmond. He’s got much more 'splainin to do.

Maybe the mascot of Hurley’s favorite chicken place back home. Who’s up for chicken dude?

Speaking of Hurley, I have been seeing a Visa commercial on TV lately and I swear Hurley is in it.

It has a guy going to a car impound to get his vehicle, and I think Hurley is the guy behind the counter. He has shorter hair, but his size and facial movements (and voice) seem totally Hurley.

When the guy goes to pay for his car he says “Man I can’t beleive I didn’t see that sign”. Then Hurley says “What? You didn’t see the sign?” “Carl (the other guy behind the counter), he didn’t see the sign”. Carl says “Man, you hear about this happening, but you never think you’ll ever see it”. Hurley cuts him off and says “Just get his car man!”.

Then there is the Visa tag line, “If life were like this, you wouldn’t need a Visa”.

I swear that guy is Hurley, can anyone confirm this?

MtM

Can’t confirm that, but I know he was “Drug Dealer” in episode: “The Car Pool Lane” (episode # 4.6) 8 February 2004 from “Curb Your Enthusiasm”.

jack does, in fact, he learns it the same time the audience does.

“My name isn’t even Hurley, it’s Hugo Reyes, Hurley’s just a nickname”

Kate must because Locke said it right in front of her and she didn’t question it or looked confused.

Sawyer doesn’t and probably Michael and Walt don’t because they didn’t answer his “Who is Hugo?” question.

We don’t know exactly how Locke found out, so it may be more common knowledge than we know.

You know, I don’t necessarily want to find out all the answers tonight, I just want to know – for once – just what in the fark is going on. Is that so much to ask? In the absence of direction, however, I will gladly settle for some excellent one-liners from The Dude himself. So … duuuuuuuuuude!

Forgive me if this was covered before, but TWoP mentioned reading the first words of pages 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 of The Third Policeman would be worth my while.

As it so happens, I don’t have a copy of that book handy. Anyone read those words yet?

As another poster observed in the last thread, this seems doubtful.

The first page of the book is on page seven.

BWAHAHAHA!

“Rambina and her buddies…”

“Have a cluckety cluck-cluck day.”

ring

“Oh, that must be Jesus!”

You know, it occurs to me that Charlie’s kind of a dick. He’s really quick to dismiss Hurley. What possible motive would Hurley have for making up his lottery winnings?

Yeah, you know, I really hate that Ana Lucia. Her attitude is too over-the-top. If the character stays like this for much longer, I will have a very hard time watching her scenes. She’s annoying the hell out of me.

Hurley: “That’s where it starts.” I get the feeling people have been taking advantage of that guy for a very long time.

So how did little Ana Lucia become the leader of the band of wild tail-sectioners? Did she beat up the big guy to earn her position?

“If I say jump, what do you say?”

Sawyer: “You first!”

gotta like Sawyer, even if he is a stubborn sumbitch… :wink:

Yeah – although I took that line kind of as a parallel for his lottery situation. I have a feeling that once he collected the money, everybody started asking for stuff from him. I’m guessing we’ll find out more about that in the rest of the flashbacks. (Or maybe it will be that his best friend from the chicken shack will be asking him for stuff).

Charlie is such a dick. The moment he realizes that Hurley has access to the food, he’s all nice to him.

Gotta love Jack’s reaction to Kate leaving the shower, though. That weird, dopey grin…

Cool! The tail-section people found their own hatch compound? Seemed like the same kind of hidden door as our hatch/bunker/thingy.

“You said there were 23 of you.”

“There were.”
Betcha Ana Lucia killed them for looking at her funny, that psycho.

Oh, oh!

23 of them!! Sweet! Took me a sec, I must be tired tonight.

How many left? It better be 15, or 8…

Cluck You! HAHAHAHAHAA