Lost 2.9: "What Kate Did"

Shouldn’t it have been,

>: ?daD

OK, I got that out of my system. Now, could somebody replay the convo between Kate and Dad? It was all muffled to me.

I saw it coming, but Harborwolf said it at just the second it came up on the screen. I hope that isn’t a cop-out or something. That would suck if it was some other kid looking for a father named Michael, or if it was a glitch, etc.

Gist of the conversation,

K: Why didn’t you tell me Dad?
D: Tell you what?
K: …(I saw pictures where you were stationed in Korea until 4 months before I was born, thus you can’t be my real father)
D: urr…
K: Why didn’t you tell me that Wayne was my real father?!?
D: urm…
K: Why!?!
D: I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d kill him. And your mother… loved him. You were five years old, I wanted to take you along with me, but she wouldn’t let me.
K: So why didn’t you kill him?
D: Because I don’t have murder in my heart.

or something to that effect.

What’s up with Kate and the black stallion? :confused:

PS I called Waaaaaaaaaaaaalt on the computer screen about 10 seconds before the word “Dad?” appeared. What do I win?

It’s the ‘same’ horse that bolted in front of the car on her way to being locked up that led to her freedom (what it means in the big picture is beyond me).

A refurbished Commodore 64? :wink:

The Stallion appeared on the road the first time the Marshall caught Kate, and she escaped in the ensuing crash. Or did you mean besides that?

I could have sworn that when Kate was talking to her “father” (the army guy) they referred to her other father as Dwight. Then later when she was talking to Sawyer, she called him Wayne.

Anyway, I’m kindsort of glad they didn’t try to redeem her with some excuse like she had been molested.

I have to wonder why someone would take that section of the film and put it somewhere far away. Was it just because they didn’t want anyone else to know it was possible to use the computers for any other reason? And why not just destroy the film clip?

I thought when Michael was on the computer and the response “Dad?” came up that he would then type in “WAAAAAALLLLLLLTTTTT!!”

Black Stallion - Kate
White Polar Bear - Sawyer

Discuss.

No. Sawyer’s totem animal is the boar.

Given Kate’s seeming ability to do just about anything, I assume her real father’s name is Steve. Though I have to admit, that guy she blew up looked to be worth slightly less than 6 mil.

I heard that too, but I missed some of the first 15 minutes or so, and thought maybe I heard wrong.

Maybe someone who recorded this ep can clear this up.

How did the army guy dad “know” that Kate would eventually kill the guy? Especially at the age of five? She have 666 on her scalp or something? He did not deserve that hug.

That Mystereko sure knows how to spin a tale…one with a completely irrelevant prelude. Build the temple with a book. grumble

But he did manage to teach her how to hunt, track, shoot, fight, and probably play golf, too, all by the age of five.

I haven’t seen tonight’s episode yet (I’m on the West Coast), but I’d been meaning to post this ever since the “Waaaallllt!” drinking game was mentioned: if you want to get really drunk, also take a shot every time Jack cries or tears up like a little girl. I’m hoping he doesn’t let me down tonight.

raising hand

Of course, now that Michael’s seen “Dad?” on the screen, I expect he will start off next episode by running off into the jungle yelling “WAAAAAAAALLLLLTTTTTT!”

>: Hey Dad? It’s me lol. The others r treating me ok, but they keep pouring water on me lol. oops, bluebeard wants to see me. brb.

Well, you could see he was about to say something. His chin wobbled slightly… as though a word were forming on his lips.

WAAALLTT!!

For the Walt/Dad ‘chat’, the timer stopped at 52:00… not sure if it stopped becuase of the chat or if it stopped becuase Michael was fiddling around.

Austen == Jane Austen… another writer?

I still think there is a bit more to the story of Kate and DeadDad… but I can live with it as is… I assume LiveDad knew Kate would kill DeadDad based on the “you broke up my mommy and daddy”… but that’s a bit weak to me… there has to be something more.

The incident that will re-occur becuase of the computer use? The other others will track down the others and pour some water around…

As for the Black Stallion…didn’t the Sherrif say something to the affect that Kate was a farmgirl with horses? (that looked like a barn in the background).

Kate == Stallion
Sawyer == Boar (but it was definitely there, not talking, but there)
Walt == Polar Bear (also seen by others, and one was killed in an early episode)
Jin == Fish
Sun == Fruits and Veggies
Jack sees dead people.

I think they are really playing up the “Shore Leave” bit pretty good… whatever you can imagine shows up… and your worst fears are played against you.

I haven’t seen tonight’s episode yet (I’m on the West Coast), but I’d been meaning to post this ever since the “Waaaallllt!” drinking game was mentioned: if you want to get really drunk, also take a shot every time Jack cries or tears up like a little girl. I’m hoping he doesn’t let me down tonight.

Sorry about the double-post (especially as it was a hijack) - my computer’s spastic tonight.