Lost 3.20: "The Man Behind the Curtain"

who is richard? i forget. and does anybody think daddy is about to meet his maker?

Wow – so did Ben secretly give the Hostiles the means to invade Dharma-ville? What did they gas everybody with? Nerve gas?

I’ve got it freeze framed on that one second shot of Jacob. I can’t tell anything. Heavily shadowed, wearing a purplish shirt, kinda looked like Dennis Hopper. Ben can see him but only Locke can hear him?

Locke better be OK.

Holy crap! Is that really the end for Locke? Nooooooooo!

And it seems that maybe Alex knew that something like that might be in the works? Giving Locke a gun, but he wasn’t fast enough.

Locke’s a fast healer.

should never have turned away from ben. crazy as a bedbug, that one.

I think it may be time to dust off the old “they’re all dead” theory.

I mean, they aren’t, and the island isn’t the afterlife, but maybe it’s something in between? I’m avoiding the word “limbo”, but maybe it’s a place that’s partially accessible for the living and the dead. The Dharma project discovered it, and tried to build a research station in heaven, but they failed to accouint for the people who came there before. From both sides.

Man, I have never liked a villan as much as I like Ben. I don’t root for him but he’s just fucking crafty. “I was smart enough not to end up in that ditch. That makes me smarter than you, John.” BLAM!

I’m starting to like Locke again. I too hope he’s not dead.

Scubaqueen: What scene are you talking about, re: Annie?

But what happened to Annie? :frowning:

What was Horace’s job (on his coveralls)? Manager?

Will Rousseau bring the dynamite to help the losties? (not likely, but she has to fit in somewhere)

is Jacob a manifestation of the TCM?

Brian

John, John, John. I saw that coming why didn’t you? Why the hell would you turn your back on that guy?
So apparently, in order to join The Hostiles club, you have to kill your father?
Okay, some sort of dust perimeter around Jacob’s place. Only Ben can see him. Jacob wants Locke to help him. Is he a trapped spirit of some sort? Is this going to be paranormal?

So what do we make of Richard? Has the Island kept him young? Did he die and we are seeing the dead walk (although he has been off-island). Why is he taking orders from Ben?

Richard Alpert, who recruited Juliet and gave Locke Sawyer’s file.

It was the smoke monster. It was asleep.

back in the classroom, when the teacher armed herself, there was a klaxon going off and the windows suddenly grew heavy-duty screens. annie, the girl who gave ben the carved birthday presents, 'it’s just a ‘something or other.’

i didn’t catch what she said. was it hostiles?

oops. i meant to reply to zipperjj.

but you all get the answer, right? :smiley:

Yes.

And he has such pretty green eyes. :smack: Stop that!
At least they got a kid with the same color eyes to play his younger self.

Could it have been volcano sand?

i keep telling the dive master they’ve hooked themselves into some way to alter time.

i’m hardly the expert on this, but, either they’re moving back and forth in time. they gotta be. when you factor in the anomaly, what else could it be? why else would richard be looking the same as he did when ben was a boy?

I thought the kid was actually very good casting. I could see him growing up to look like Ben.