Lost and Found: ISO A Thread...

I guess this forum is only place to ask: I am seeking a thread under “Comments on Cecil’s Columns/Staff Reports” re: How David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear. I have searched all content of all open forums going back 3 years. Although, I am fairly confident the thread is more recent. Yet, nothing found seems relevant. Still, I wanted to see this thread again to ask something that came to mind (or, see if anyone already asked my question). I know the Moderators will jump all over me if I don’t place my question where it rightly belongs.

So, Staff…any chance you can help me find this?

Here’s how you do that.

enter
sdmb david copperfield statue of liberty
into google.
You get this.

(not intended to be smartass answer, but to help)

The OP is asking for the thread about the column. Not the column itself.

Maybe this thread from 2007? http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-416098.html

Which can be readily found with this Google search: [“david copperfield” “statue of liberty” site:boards.straightdope.com]

This more recent thread wasn’t specifically about the Statue of Liberty trick, but it did explain it in post #36. If you’re sure you saw something more recent than 3 years ago, maybe this one was it.

Got it! Magicians use stages, not stooges! :wink:

Thanks for your help. Sorry, but I never considered to Google something within the SD Boards, but I’ll keep it in mind as an alternate to the SD Search Engine.