LOST: What mysteries remain? Which do you want answered most?

Which brings us to the real question: why is there a statue of an Egyptian god. I assume that will be clearly answered.

Two mysteries that keep bugging me that I have no confidence will ever be addressed:

The Hurley Bird. What on earth was that all about? A giant tropical bird that howls “Hurley.” We’ve seen it twice, both times in the Dark Territory (near the Black Rock), and both times in season finales, though not again since Season 2. If it were unimportant, like the polar bears, it would seem they would have already given us a banal explanation.

The DHARMA food drops. How do they get the helicopters there? Who keeps sending them? Why? Lindelof and Cuse say there’s an answer but it may not be given in the context of the show.

He does not, in the DVD extras for one of the later seasons he’s shown getting his make-up done and they actually try to conceal his natural liner effect.

Anyway, my question (strong doubts it will ever be answered):
earlier in season 6 we see Flocke trying to tempt Ben to leave Team Ilana (Ben’s doing a bit of gardening as I recall). He waves his hand and Ben’s shackles release.
What the FUCK was that all about?

Not necessarily a mystery, but have the writers ever explained when and why The Others had problems reproducing? Clearly the Dharma folks were able to do so.

So the Dharma actually birthed kids on the Island? Was Miles born there, then?

I’m not sure about Miles, but Ethan was. This was, of course, before the incident.

I checked your link and you’re right, but for the life of me I can’t remember the first time at all. And I remember the second time thinking it was a new thng.

Not explicitly, but they’ve strongly implied that having shown us babies before the incident, and none after, we’re to assume it’s do to the incident/Swan…

Which Incident? The one which cased Flight 815 crash? The fertility problems go back years before that.

Except I didn’t do that, Twickster. Not everyone in the world thinks that LOST has deep meanings. There are people, including me, who think it had potential out the wazoo when it started and just fell flat on its face. Ours is a very valid opinion and expressing it is NOT threadshitting by any stretch of the imagination.

The fact that you sincerely believe Lost is not a very good show doesn’t contradict the fact that announcing that opinion in this thread is threadshitting.

Of course. He has been caught applying it.

“The Incident” refers to some type of EM explosion at the Swan (?) in 1977. It would have been an accident in the unchanged timeline. Jack blowing up Jughead in the altered timeline either replaced it or sidestepped it, I suppose.

If the question were “what do you think of Lost?,” you’d be on solid ground. This thread, however, is for people who are still watching, and still enjoying the show, so it was threadshitting.

Note that this isn’t A Warning, but a reminder that the most basic rule around here is “Don’t be a jerk.”

So, please, don’t be a jerk.

I watched a few episodes in the beginning, but never found Lost to be worth my time, Sorry.

:smack:

Or it just always happened that way. The main timeline is self-consistent.

Why is MIB stuck as Locke?

Why do some people on the island see/hear dead people but not all the time and not all the same ones? (why was FLocke surprised that Sawyer could see the blonde boy?) And why are the whisper-people stuck? Are they stuck forever?

What is Widmore’s motivation here? Is Widmore just a pawn for FLocke? (He must know he cannot kill smokey by bombing him, yet he bombs him several times…is smokey just setting up for incidents where he can save the candidates to get them to trust him? )

If Sawyer had left the bomb alone would it have been a dud?

What qualifies someone for becoming a candidate? Why was Kate a potential candidate and then not one?

What is causing the castaways in the alternate timeline to remember their other life on the island?

Why did Claire wander off and leave Aaron in the first place? She seemed ok with where she was (in the cabin with Christian, presumably smokey), but then got enraged that she was left behind.

When Ben was trying to convince everyone to come back to the island together, was he being misled by smokey or was he following Jacob then? Why did he kill Locke?

Was the bomb going off part of the original timeline? Has any of the time traveling made any difference at all?

WAG - because some dude in 1977 thought it would be funny to teach one of the Dharma birds to say his name?

-Joe

Are Rose and Bernard still on the island?

Well, as we saw on the latest episode in the ATL, they haven’t been forgotten. I still think they fit too perfectly with Adam and Eve - they’ve got to be the same.

-Joe