Loudest rock concert you've attended

[QUOTE=MsWhatsit]
What, only one other person so far said Motorhead? We saw them at Bumbershoot in Seattle a few years back and even with cotton batting stuffed securely into both ears, I had ringing in my ears for several hours afterward. I saw people there with no ear protection and I honestly don’t know how they did it. The band started playing a few seconds before I got the cotton stuffed in my ears, and for those few seconds, I was in actual physical pain.
[/QUOTE]
I attended a lot of concerts by heavy metal / thrash bands in the late 1980’s. By far the loudest was Motörhead. They played at Bogart’s in Cincinnati. It was so loud that you couldn’t hear the music… it was just a wall of ear-piercing noise. I left after 20 minutes.

Mine would have to be Nazareth at Memorial Hall in Kansas City KS sometime back around 1981 or 1982. We were about ten or twelve rows back from the stage on the right side of the floor. I believe that concert is the reason I still have trouble hearing out of my left ear.

[QUOTE=Shoeless]
Mine would have to be Nazareth at Memorial Hall in Kansas City KS sometime back around 1981 or 1982. We were about ten or twelve rows back from the stage on the right side of the floor. I believe that concert is the reason I still have trouble hearing out of my left ear.
[/QUOTE]

Well, that’s when you knew you were messing with a (bomp bomp) son of a bitch! :smiley: