Love is in the air

You should have introduced her to Dr. Johnson.

No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money.

I am quite positive she has heard the quote, she is that well-read. Had one of those “I’m gonna make my kids smart by requiring them to read Shakespeare @ 7” dads.

I was born exactly 9 months after Valentine’s Day.

We almost never go out to eat, but one exception was when we were in Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 14 just before our Panama Canal cruise. Since our time zones were disarranged from coming from the West Coast, we went to a nice Italian restaurant down the block from our hotel at 2:30 in the afternoon. It was great - the place was empty.

I don’t have any Valentine in my life, but this seems like the best place to post this.

What, you say? No lightning bolts, bats, and shriveled black hearts??

“Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays because it’s all about love,” Jill Biden said in the video, while wearing a turtleneck sweater knitted with the word “Amour” on the front.

“What’s so wonderful about having pets is they give you unconditional love, joy and comfort every day,” she said.

Her North Lawn decorations this time include cardboard cutouts of Commander and Willow, as well as a red heart with a Bible verse from 1 Corinthians 13:13: “Three things will last forever — faith, hope and love — and the greatest of these is love.”

:revolving_hearts:

Boyfriend wanted to get me chocolate covered strawberries from Malleys but couldn’t get a ride, so it’s coming soon. Also a smoothie.:strawberry:

I went out got pretty drunk on Wednesday two weeks ago, and ended up doing tequila shots with a butch lesbian, Bianca. She told me she had never had had flowers on Valentines day, so (fortunately) I remembered the conversation, no easy task for me after tequila, and arranged a delivery of roses to her.

She’s so sweet about it, she was suprised when they arrived at midday, and thanked me then, but I think she’d had a couple of drinks later and was more effusive in her thanks.

I am happy because I made a random stranger who I am unlikely to ever meet again happy.

I think I’ll pick up some half-price Valentine’s candy today when I go to the grocery store… yay, me!

I bought my gf chocolate covered strawberries from Shari’s Berries a few years ago for Valentines Day.

What a ripoff!!! The original ad I saw sounded fair, so I decided to get them. Once I started placing the order I learned that the offer I wanted actually sucked. They were berries that fell into the cat’s litter box or something. So of course I upgraded to berries that hadn’t fallen into cat litter.

Every time I upgraded, I learned that even more upgrading was needed if I wanted a gift that didn’t suck. The original offer I intended to buy was $19.99. By the time I upgraded a few levels I spent $50, then I got daily emails about how I should buy more berries.

Stay Away From Shari’s Berries.

No kidding! You know that line about staying away from the crazy ones? Learn it, live it, love it. Congrats on the writing thing tho, great news.

Hey, is that you on the security monitor? That’s exactly how I imagined you looked!

My wife and I were 1000 miles apart this year, so she got flowers and I got a card. Not the most romantic Valentines Day ever, but we’ve had 20+ years of them so I don’t think a low key one will make any difference.

My husband gave me a heart-shaped box of chocolates. I ate one after I had my breakfast and set the box on the dining room table. When I left for work, my husband was widening the driveway (moving big hunks of snow that the plow had left behind). I received a phone call from him about a 1/2 hour later after he came in from outside. Rigatoni (boxer puppy) had jumped up on the table, had somehow taken the lid of the chocolate box without destroying it and he and Zeb (German shepherd) had helped themselves to the whole box. There was chocolate drool all over both of their dog beds. I called the vet immediately and he said they should be fine. He’d be concerned if it had been a block of baking chocolate but not much danger in what they ate. He said they might get diarrhea. But they were fine, no ill effects. I guess I should be lucky that I was able to enjoy 1 piece. :woman_shrugging:t4:

My vet says that chocolate is not much more poisonous to dog than to people. It’s just that if you leave your 10 pound toddler with a pound of chocolate, the toddler might eat an ounce, but a ten pound dog is likely to eat the whole pound.

Correct. I think a tiny dog eating a few pounds of darkest chocolate would probably get sick.

My german pointer x random farm dog got very sick and had to be hospitalised after discovering my daughter’s Easter egg stash. She (the daughter) was 5 at the time so we had limited the amount of chocolate as appropriate. There was not much.

I imagine that some dogs are more sensitive; we used to have a Labrador who did exactly the same as the OP describes, and suffered no ill effects.