Love is in the air

Of all the Dopers to not be impressed…

I haven’t seen my boyfriend since November, as he started a new job, then spent Christmas with his out-of-town friends, then got covid from his out-of-town friends, then I wasn’t sure when it was safe for him to visit (being that he was going back to work), then his brother/roommate still had covid so he wasn’t allowed to come here OR to work.

Sunday marks 10 days since his brother last tested negative, and my boyfriend hasn’t been back to work yet, so I’m gonna go for it. He’s coming over on Sunday and we’ll watch the Super Bowl.

Of course, he seems to have developed either an ulcer or GERD (as a result of covid?) and doesn’t want to eat anything (can’t blame him!) so my Outback take-out plans are dashed. And the cheese board I hoped to get is $20 for delivery. So I guess we’ll just stay in and watch football and maybe he will have picked up the hint that I texted him “I really like chocolate covered cherries. A lot.”

There ya go.

My ex wife and I found out officially that she was pregnant on February 14th 2001. We knew before, but scheduled the doctor’s appt for that date.

This year, I was gonna surprise a woman I’m dating with the news that I signed a $40,000 writing contract this morning. But she broke up with me last night because she was upset that I’m planning to… monetize my writing. I asked her if she thought I was currently writing for free and she said, shit you not, ‘I never thought about it.’

Wow. I’m sorry, and also, congratulations!

Ditto on the congratulations! And, honestly, in both respects, because WTF is that about?

Yeah, seriously, congrats on the contract, and congrats for breaking up with a nut.

I wouldn’t congratulate me on that last, @puzzlegal, because it was doing a slight rapproachment with this person. The L is completely and totally on me and my dipshitty heart. :drooling_face: I may be smart about some things, but I’m obviously fucking moronic about others! :rofl:

Was greeted by this on my way into the grocery store this evening:

Google Photos

Burn in hell, Wegmans.

Uh, lots of excitement on the romantic front this weekend. Let’s just say time was not wasted on a lengthy emotional recovery. Will update when possible…

Ah yes, love is in the air.

Oh wait. Around this time of year, it’s just the pollen from the infamous Sperm Trees.

(Scroll down a bit for the discussion of these trees.)

Huh. Never thought of it being the opposite of Valentine’s Day.

My parents got married on my mother’s grandparents’ 50th anniversary. Both on August 14th.

Based on their birthdates, my mother and her two brothers were all the results of love being in the air.

We don’t usually mark the day, but I picked up some locally made chocolates at the bakery. They are in a chocolate heart. But I buy chocolates for my husband every few weeks anyway, so it just happened to coincide with the display for Valentine’s day.

congrats – looking forward to the update.

:sweat_smile:

She says hintingly…

Gotta wait 'til tomorrow, sorry!

Romance has been rare in my life, but mercifully not completely absent. It so happens that I have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend on Valentine’s Day.

However, the more important thing is that Valentine’s Day is also my friends’ wedding anniversary. So I spent part of today drawing and painting a cartoon for them and putting it in a dollar-store frame. I gave it to them tonight, since we will all be on different shifts tomorrow.

It’s tomorrow enough.

Not much to write here, I just changed my FB status and did something I have never done before in my 54 years of existence on the planet…

I texted a booty call to an ex. We’ll call her A.

She was busy… but she didn’t say no. Just ‘not now’.

But while I was waiting, another ex, B, hit me up via text, “Hey, saw your status change…”. B can’t meet tonight or this weekend, but she wanted me to know that she saw my status change. :smiley: Just sayin’.

And while I’m texting B, C calls out of the blue. Hadn’t heard from C in 5, 6 months. We had a couple of dates, but nothing much developed. Well, unlike A&B, C saw my status change, noted she is available tonight, and after the hint was broadcast loudly enough that I got the message, I go and pick her up and we have a lovely evening, lasting until I dropped her off at her home @ 3am.

Yay JohnT!

I spent my evening drawing, scanning, and assembling. A new and hopefully very close to final draft of my book has gone off to my editor.

Tomorrow evening, I will be at work. No romance there, although they were bringing around red micro-cupcakes to celebrate Valentine’s Day on the line on Friday. And tomorrow is Ugly Valentine’s Day Sweater Day at work, a new celebration probably dreamt up by the social committee…

??? does she not monetize her own labor contributions? Do you guys live in a commune?

Wow, I had no idea Facebook was such an effective dating app.

This was one of my arguments to the teacher ‘shocked’ I would ‘commercialize’ my knowledge.

I don’t know if it is or not. The fact I keep good relations with my exes… even the ones which ended badly… may have more to do with this, to be fair.