Lovecraft adaptations and homages

Pretty much. Mignola and Del Toro are both Mythos fanboys, and the Ogdru Jahad are basically Great Old Ones by another name.

Thanks for the link. I’d been visiting their Web site at intervals to check on when the DVD would be out.

Oops. Totally forgot about this super awesome Lovecraft homage.

I doubt very much that Mignola would deny that. He’s long acknowledged his love of Cthulhu. BTW IMO the very last monster is actually the Wyrm from Howard’s Njord And The Valey Of The Wyrm. I can’t find my copy right now but the descriptions match exactly.

Mignola also wrote a Batman Elseworlds titled The Doom That Came To Gotham. It’s Batman, Robin, and much of Batman’s rogues gallery as a pulp mythos tale. I expected greatness. I got it. Highly recommended.

While it’s based on a book by Bram Stoker, I think the film adaptation of The Lair of the White Worm has some Lovecraftian influences.

Rudimentary Peni were a seminal British anarcho-punk band. Their first few records were generally political in nature, but a little darker and more “out-there” than typical albums from the anarcho-punk scene.

But in 1987, they released Cacophony, an album of songs entirely based around Lovecraft, his life, and his work.

It’s a weird little album from a very weird band. I’ve got it, and I like it quite a lot.

You’re welcome. :smiley: The OCD stuff really hit home for me as well, and I think that plus the storytelling structure is what makes that my favorite King short story. Those last couple pages are just absolutely perfect.