Lowell returns to merit based admissions

Previously posted in an incorrect forum

tldr. Lowell (a San Francisco based magnet school) changed its admissions to a lottery system during the pandemic and then kept the admissions system in place to promote diversity. Every member of an extremely progressive school board that was eligible for recall was recalled… in San Francisco…in large part for being too progressive… in San Francisco.

They recently voted to reinstate merit based admissions over the objections of the superintendent.

Is this supposed to be breaking news information, or are you looking for commentary? Because if you’re looking for commentary, MPSIMS is probably not the right place for this. If you’re NOT looking for commentary, I’m not sure why you posted this controversial item.

I’m not sure I saw it posted anywhere.

It popped up on my feed because they recently had their open house and it got pretty busy:

So where do you think I should post a link to a news story without much commentary?

I am going to assume by this that you meant this as a breaking news story. I will add a breaking news tag to the thread. Note to all that the normal breaking news rules apply (i.e. no political jabs, please).

Those who wish to discuss the politics involved may prefer to open their own thread in P&E or GD.