Lynch the politicians

Read the paper this morning, got disgusted once again. Is there any politician anywhere in the world that represents anyone to their satisfaction?

Why?

Be honest, now. No party politics and recriminations. Is there any human being who you truly feel is doing their best to honestly govern? Anyone who is behaving like a leader with integrity? Anyone who is trying to do the right thing?

Tangential question: Is there a definable point at which corruption and/or conceit sets in?

Don’t vote. It only encourages 'em

Stoidela

Don’t meddle in the affairs of dragons, cuz, like, you’re crunchy
and taste good with ketchup.

“Is there any human being who you truly feel is doing their best to honestly govern? Anyone who is behaving like a leader with integrity? Anyone who is trying to do the right thing?”

absolutely
unfortunately, in the US at least, they will never get elected. Why?

• they are too honest - they will not lie just because people want to hear one thing or don’t want to hear another. They stick by what they believe, whether people like it or not. Americans don’t seem to be able to handle that - we want politicians who are smooth talkers - ones who will sweet talk us and tell us everything we want to hear, even when our own positions on issues change rapidly. Those who don’t do this don’t get elected, or re-elected.

• they don’t kiss ass in order to get campaign contributions. Because of this they are not able to run an effective campaign against someone who does suck booty in order to get money from different corporations and interest groups. Do you realize how much it costs to run a campaign nowadays? It’s outrageously expensive. Those who cater to any group get the money they need. Those who only support causes they believe in are left in the dust. The one with the most money (and therefore the best commercials, spies, PR person, etc) wins.
    how do we fix this? I have no idea. How about enlightening the electorate a little…and placing some sort of cap on campaign spending, so that it is not impossible for those with out big $$ backing to run…? At least it’d be a start.

Elect Dan Quail, he’s to stupid to lie!

Actually, I am pleased with my representative, Martin Frost. My newspaper prints voting records occasionally, and I always agree with how Frost voted. Of course, this means that my husband was unhappy about it…

Lynn the Packrat

Q. What do you call someone in the White House who is honest, ethical, intellectual, law abiding and truthful?
A. A tourist.

I should have said in D.C., not just the White House.

Lynn, glad to hear that I am not the only one with a spouse that holds different political views. Makes for fun chats around the house, doesn’t it?

The prroblem is that politicianshave to appeal to the largest number of people possible to get votes. Our system creates demigogs. even a well educated electorate is going to have a great deal of internal dissention.

Heck, even among the great minds that haunt these pages there is avid disagreement. Imagine coming up with a stance that makes most everyone hear happy. It would have to be pretty milktoast.