Mad T.V. was out of line tonight.

I had much the same reaction when I first saw this thread. I’m genuiniely surprised–I ceased hearing about this show at least four or five years ago. The ratings can’t be that good. Why is it still on?

Mad TV? Isn’t that the one that gave Jim Carrey his start?

[sub]NB. The above is an attempt to ironically poke fun at the small-time nature of MAD TV. The writer is aware that Jim Carrey gained his first real fame with his work on the Wayans brothers’ In Living Color, and that even before that he starred in a movie called Twice Bitten, with Lauren Hutton, Phoebe Cates, and Cleavon Little.[/sub]

Amen!

Nicole Sullivan is one of those “oddy attractive” girls for me. She’s actually kind of funny looking, but something about her definitely does it for me.

I’ve pretty much stopped watching the show since she left. Although I’d be at a loss to tell you why I ever watched it in the first place. It is singularly unfunny.

Just about the only funny sketch I can remember ever seeing on it (okay, apart from the Spy vs. Spy cartoons, which they don’t do anymore) was the one in which Nicole and some other female cast member wake up in bed together after a night of drunken sex play.

The one girl says, “Well, I guess we’re lesbians now.”

Nicole protests that, no, she’s still straight and that was just a wild night’s fun. “I like penises. They make me smile.” :smiley:

Heh heh. If MadTV offends you, absolutely under no circumstances should you order this.

Actually, it was Once Bitten, and it starred Karen Kopins rather than Phoebe Cates.

Also, Carrey was in a TV series called “The Duck Factory.”

cunnelation: Some of us occasionally read the board from work, and have employers who would highly disapprove of such sites. A stronger warning might have been appropriate there.