Mafia: Cecilvania [Game Over]

I think in fairness, we should post the rules and roles so people have an idea of what they are getting into.

You have the final lists USC, or should I post em up?

Rules:

The game will operate on a weekly schedule. Days will start on Saturday Afternoons at 4PM EDT. Days will end at precisely on Thursdays at 4:00 PM EDT by the SDMB clock. Board outages will not change the end of Day; plan carefully. All votes must have a time stamp of Thursday, 3:59 PM EDT or earlier. Posts and votes with time stamps Thursday, 4:00PM EDT or later will be ignored.

Night instructions are due by Saturday 4:00PM EDT by SDMB clock.
Failure to meet the deadline will result in no action.

Vote LikeThis
Votes must be in bold blue, on a single line, by itself. Please don’t play hide the vote from the moderator. Everyone will be happier with accurate vote counts. (For strict interpretation, any vote in blue will be considered an intended vote. Bold, single line, by itself is a moderator request, not a requirement)

Unvote LikeThis
Unvotes are to be made in bold red, on a single line, by itself.

**Messages to the moderator should be in bold green, on a single line. **
The moderator encourages questions to the moderator to be sent via PM.

Lynches will be by plurality. The leading vote-getter at 4:00PM EDT on Thursday will die.
Ties will be resolved by random lynch of the tied vote-getters.
A No Lynch will occur if an uncontested plurality of votes accumulates for No Lynch. A tie with No Lynch will result in someone getting lynched as if the No Lynch votes didn’t exist at all.

Substitutions/Removal:
I will allow substitutions up through the Dawn of Day Four. Past Day Four’s Dawn, missing players will be removed from the game with no public indication of role or alignment. Substitutions may happen at anytime. Removals will occur at Dusk. Any player who is mod-killed for non-participation will NOT win regardless of what side they are on.

Prodding:
The moderator will not prod anyone. Failure to participate will result in substitution/removal. A minimum of four substantive (non-fluff) posts is required per day to maintain standing in Cecilvania. Less than that and people will forget you are part of the town (Substitution/Removal).

Semi-closed Setup:
-A list of roles will be published but any combination of those roles may be used. The exact number of each Power role will vary from 0-3 depending on the role.
-Posting of your Role PM is allowed if you choose to do so.

Stuff you should already know:

• Game related communication outside the game thread is forbidden, except for scum who may communicate at Night and only at Night.
  • Do NOT edit your posts.
  • Be nice.
  • Only living players may post game relevant discussion to the game thread.

Roles:

Town:

Townsperson: The Townspeople are the Vanilla citizens of Cecilvania. They are allowed to communicate openly during the day. Their goal is to rid Cecilvania of werewolves. Each day they can make one vote for another player they think is a Werewolf or Vampire. The Town wins when all of the Werewolves and Vampires have been found and killed.

Physick: The Physick acts as the Town’s Doctor. He may choose one other player each night to protect from attack. Should the Werewolves attempt to kill that player, he will prevent that player from dying. The Physick wins with the Town.

Constable: The Constable acts as the town’s Law Enforcement (ie Detective). Each night he may choose one other player to follow home and investigate. He is always 100% accurate in his investigations, however should he investigate the Alpha Wolf, he will get a reading of Townsperson. The Constable wins with the Town.

Stoneworkers: Some of the Townspeople are involved in a secret society. They know who the other members of their society are and they know that they aren’t Werewolves. They may not communicate in private. The Stoneworkers win with the Town

Werewolves:

Werewolf: The Werewolves appear as regular Townsfolk during the Day but at Night they transmogrify into their true selves. At Night they can communicate in secret with other Werewolves to strategize and choose which Townsperson to kill during the Night. The Werewolves win if their number is greater than or equal to the number of Town players at the end of the Day.

Alpha Wolf: The Alpha Wolf is the leader of the Werewolves. He is allowed to communicate during the Night with other Wolves. Any ties in the Night decisions are broken by the Alpha Wolf. The Alpha Wolf wins with the Werewolves.

Scout: The Scout Wolf is a Werewolf who has the ability to sneak through the town at Night and spy on the Townsfolk. He chooses one Townsfolk to investigate each night. He will be informed of the results at Dawn the following Day. The Scout wins with the Werewolves

Alchemist: Cecilvania’s Alchemist has already been converted to a Werewolf. He has the ability to choose one Townsperson to focus his attention on each Night. If that player has a special ability it will fail during that Night. The Alchemist wins with the Werewolves.

Vampires:

Dracula: Dracula is a Vampire. Each night he can choose one other player to turn into a Vampire as well. Should Dracula choose to bite a Werewolf. He will be killed and the Werewolf will know who he is. If he chooses a Stoneworker or the Physick he is blocked, but no role information is revealed to either side. When he is killed, all of his victims will revert to their original role. The Vampires win if Dracula is alive at the end of the game.

Looks very cool.

Oh sod it, upgrade me from sub to in. :smiley:

YES!!!

isn’t this redundant? If he is killed we will ALL know who he is 9in the dawn post won’t we? I assume I am missing some important point here.

Do converted vampires know who Dracula is?

Cripes, I can’t believe we didn’t actually change that properly. There was a lot of playing around with the Dracula role so we could get it just right. At one point it was going to be if Dracula bit a wolf he would be blocked and the werewolf would learn his identity. We decided that was too complicated and went with Dracula getting poisoned by werewolf blood instead.

So short answer, yes, it is redundant. Dracula will die if he bites a werewolf. Adds a little spice to the role. :smiley:

Should there be a role: Vampire?
In other words, when a Constable investigates a converted Vampire, what is the result?

I’m assuming “When he[Dracula] is killed, all of his victims will revert to their original role” means they return to their original win condition. Is that correct?

Now watch me

a) be the vampire again
b) bite a fuzzy on the first night again
c) Drop out on the first Night, yet again

:smack:

And a follow-up: do converted vampires get to converse at night to discuss strategy like the werewolves?

Folks -

The way I am reading the rules, Dracula would have no motivation that I can see to ever bite anyone. Drac can only win if he lives until the end. It doesn’t appear to matter how many baby vamps he creates. Why bother biting anyone, and taking the attendant risk of food poisoning?

Does that number include Vampires?

I read the rules the same way. I’m waiting for a PM on this.

Well, if they know who he is, they can try to protect him.

There is also no reason for any vampires to try and keep Dracula alive seeing as they then win with the town if he dies.

I can see him being shipped at some part of the game to boost town numbers.

To continue the no-need-to-bite discussion, Vampires knowing who Dracula is (and they do according to USCDiver), have a choice to make: help Dracula survive, or TURN HIM IN.

I’d be inclined to turn Dracula in and revert to my original win condition.

Sorry all, one more mistake that got left out in the revisions to Drac. He has to be alive and vampires have to outnumber wolves and town.

Sorry for the confusion, there will be a repost of the roles at the start of the Day.

Sach, the PM I sent you had this in mind. I thought that we had put that into the role. Sorry for the oversight.

Oops, I forgot the last point:
So if a townsperson is inclined or might be inclined to turn Dracula in, then that is a pretty good motivator for Dracula not to bite anyone.

Bite wolf: Die.
Bite town: Get betrayed, Die.