Makers of Spam (the "food" item) getting cranky.

[Hormel has filed complaints against Spam Arrest citing trademark issues]( has filed complaints against Spam Arrest, a Seattle technology company that provides spam-blocking software for e-mail users. ).

Just an interesting story that I thought that I would pass along.

Your link does not work for me.

Link’s address is:

http://%20has%20filed%20complaints%20against%20spam%20arrest,%20a%20seattle%20technology%20company%20that%20provides%20spam-blocking%20software%20for%20e-mail%20users./

Might want to try that again.

I’m not surprised they’re mad. I’ve wondered before how they were taking all this.

Try this one. Not sure why, but the Seattle times seems to be a pain in the ass for me to link to.

Via the rectum apparently.

I found spam in my fridge the other day, i wasn’t impressed. I started to get paranoid and everything i took out of the fridge afterwards seemed tainted.

Can you imagine the sentencing? All the directors, managers, and employees of the tech company must take a SPAM sensitivity course that includes old Monty Python skits (lunch provided):

Waitress: …or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and lubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there’s spam egg sausage and spam, that’s not got much spam in it.

Checkout this excellent SPAM site:
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/spam.html

Hormel is going after Cranky? Someone had better warn her.

Note the recipe for SPAM fried won ton :eek:

This is awfully funny … what are they going to do, go after all internet users that have ever publicly used “Spam” in a derogatory (i.e., referring to unwanted bulk email) fashion? Even if they limit their “sweep” to web sites, there are many, many more than just these guys. Anyone ever hear of “SpamCop”? Or what if you just have some sort of anti-spam message on your site? Uh, oh, I may be in trouble …

And this is different from Hormel’s product how, exactly?

I learned a lot from the last paragraph of the article (origin of the term Spam)!

Heh-- ‘Let’s wait until twelve years after our trademark acquires another meaning in the popular lexicon to say anything.’
Good luck to them.

e-spam can be deleted immediately.
Spam (the meat) camps out in your colon for a while.

:smiley: