Malapropogation 2014

No, silly, cannibal is that guy who wrote Canon In D.

Well, knock me down and call me Bowling Pin, I always thought Pachelbel was that fairy that kept bugging Peter Pan to get him into trouble.

Trouble is right! Tinkerbelle is what they used to call the Phone Company.

And here I was all these years thinking Ma Bell was that old 30’s gang leader that Shelley Winters played in an old shoot-em-up movie.

Right era, wrong game!

Ma Barker is the host of “The Price Is Right!”

I’ll just never learn, it would appear: I assumed Bob Barker was that alterego of Spiderman.

Well, I’m pretty sure that Peter Parker was the automobile company that manufactured the Phaeton.

But wait! Wasn’t Packard Harrison Ford’s character in Blade Runner?

Not even close! Deckard is what you do with the merchants at a bazaar.

(P.S. It was Studebaker)

Well, the Packard has a Phaeton also, I believe. But what you’re apparently confused about is that the dicker you’re trying to propose is actually just a brand of blue jeans.

When my son was little, he would have been disappointed to hear you say that, because Dickies is what you go feed at the park.

With all due and necessary apologies to your kid, I’m sorry to report that Duckies is/are the condiment you put on many Asian/Oriental dishes to jazz up the taste.

Well, after an interesting romp through Wikipedia’s many “condiments” pages, I’m going to go with chutney is an old-timey kind of bus or cab.

I just plain love how you confused “Duckies” for “Chutney” but I’ll play along by informing you that Jitney was that dude that invented some form of farm implement for tampering with cotton.

I was going for “duck sauce”

You got your machines mixed up. Whitney… …Bowes makes postage meters.

Tut, tut, my dear. But Gene Pitney gave his name to a department store that may be on its last legs.

Funny you should say “last legs,” Zeldar, because actually Penney’s was a 60s nickname for stimulant pills.

Now that you mention it, I did hear somebody say that bennies were kind of like mules, only different.

Only if the mules are your comfy Sunday shoes, because the bunnies are the best part of the newspaper. (after you do all the puzzles.)

Kings X. I think we’re wandering far enough away from the communications part of all this for a continuation to work. The Bennies–>Mule idea was aimed at hinny which is the flip-flop of a mule in that the hinny has a horse daddy and a donkey mama. There’s also the jenny which is a female donkey and thus not a mule.

Now that we have gone to bunnies and funnies I guess it’s time to go down some new trail with the Marines’ slang for the drill sergeant, if that works for you.

But it’s your turn and your call. Whatever’s right. :slight_smile: