Man Bites Dog (New Comedy Central Show)

I haven’t seen a thread about this show yet.

After the first two episodes, I’m kind of liking it. It’s a lot like Reno 9/11 in its format (mock documentary with a largely improvisational feel). There haven’t been a lot of real belly laughs but some pretty good gags and characters. The second epsiode was better than the first, I thought. The news crew trying to create an anti-gay discrimination story while obliviously perpetuating every possible sterotype among themselves (“that is jUST how homosexuals dress”).

I think the show could have some life in it and turn into something good. Has anyone else been watching it? What do you think? And could you put a “girlfriend” at the end? You know, just to make it read more gay?

Didn’t get a chance to watch it yet, but I probably will eventually. I almost always get some good laughs from news parodies- which, now that I think about it, is an embrassingly obvious sign of vanity.

The title is “Dog Bites Man.” You see, Man Bites Dog would be, like, news, and that’s the opposite of what this show does, because it’s like, satire, and all that.

I saw the first episode and didn’t think much of it. Every situation was a satire of something that’s been satirized to death for twenty years. “The news crew trying to create an anti-gay discrimination story while obliviously perpetuating every possible sterotype among themselves” Well, yeah, exactly. That might have been funny when it was new, but it hasn’t been new for a quarter century, and I knew exactly how the episode was going to go from the teaser, which I why I decided to skip it.

You’d think that Comedy Central would sit these people down in front of TDS and Colbert and say, that’s how satire works today. Don’t give us this stale crap. It’s amazing that channel stays in business.