Man goes through woodchipper and survives

Hence my spelling of “chippa” – I can’t not say it in Frances McDermond’s voice.

Well, I guess that about does it for the old axiom “Men: can’t live with 'em, can’t feed 'em thru a wood chipper”.

Reminds me of the guy who got sucked into a jet engine and survived - his helmet jammed the blades at the moment of truth. There is video of this occurance out there somewhere.

[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas;17061680I don’t know if I’d call a broken leg, hip, punctured lung and other injuries “being lucky,” unless you consider the alternative.[/QUOTE]

Those are just chips off the old block…

Link to that story for those who missed it.

But, but, that’s not how she says chipper! If anything, she emphasizes the “r” at the end. Chippa is more of a Boston/Southern New England pronunciation.

And for what? For a little bit of money. There’s more to life than a little money, you know. Don’tcha know that? And here ya are, and it’s a beautiful day. Well. I just don’t understand it.

:smack: I stand corrected.

Yup, the boat I work on is very serious about lock-out/tag-out and we get trained on it all the time, even if your job doesn’t directly involve any of it (like my processing desk job), I still know all about it and I know not to fuck with anything that is locked/tagged.

A few years back, a masssive swath of San Francisco was blacked out.

It was traced to a distribution yard in San Mateo - a large box handling 100.000’s of volts had been taken off line. As a safety measure, a large grounding strap was placed across it, so, should it be switched back online, it would immediately ground, and not transmit power to the worker(s).

Somebody forgot the grounding strap when switching it back online.

Amazing how much steel will be electro-welded by 250,000v transmission lines. The copper didn’t do so well either.

This was PG&E, who later blew up a large chunk of San Bruno (adjacent to San Mateo) with natural gas.