Man names newborn daughter Sarah McCain Palin-without consulting wife

Why shouldn’t he?

This is somehow worse than a name which has Sarah Palin on both ends and John McCain in the middle?

I’ve no doubt that there are some people who would prefer the latter, but I have special software that prevents me from seeing the Photoshopped images on their websites.

Once the Sarah/McCain loses this election, their names will be a distant memory for most of the people within about 2 years. Taken out of the their personalities, names it self are not that bad…

But Kali…unless he sends his daughter to south asia to become a black magic woman…!

note - Kali is considered as a good goddess in India. But in my country people worship her to make black magic. ( Put a spell on a person etc …)

Because naming a child should be the decision of *both *parents.

i don’t know about other commonwealths or states, but in pennsylvania the mother has to sign before the name is sent off to official records, father does not. unless for some horrible reason the mother can’t.

Don’t forget this is the US, most will probably call her Kayleigh or kaylee or kayli anyway not Kali.

[Off topic]

Maradona? wow i had no idea that “El Diego” posted in the dope ;), where are you from?

[/Off Topic]

Especially once she yanks out the school bully’s heart and has him lowered into the lava pit !

Well played, sir.

I fear that Dio’s daughter will have a propensity for sticking out her tongue… But what the hell.

I didn’t realize that birth certificates could be amended, name-wise. I’ve had to have #2 son’s amended date-wise: they put the wrong date down. (how hard can this be?).

Ironically, the mother’s name is Geraldine Mondale Ferraro.

I find this odd. In my state only the mother can fill out and sign off on the forms. The idea is that she is the only person that can conclusivly be proved to be the childs parent.

With all the conflating of names that our culture does (eg Brangelina), I’m surprised I haven’t seen them referred to as McCalin.

I’m pretty sure that is the case here in Illinois.

After the amount of negotiating/arguing my husband and I did to decide upon names, he would be dead. meat. if he tried to pull something like this.

Gee, thanks. :slight_smile:

Well at least he didn’t name the kid Major Major Major.

What a loser, this guy.

Tell that to my nephew, Dan Quayle Kunilou.

Considering the alternatives: Bristol Trig, Track (or is it Tag), Piper etc–hell, call the baby Alaska!
I was supposed to be named Sarah and be nicknamed Sally, but my mom didn’t like how it went with our last name. Names are tricky. :slight_smile:

What a douche bag! The wife should change her name back to her maiden name and proceed without him.

OMG, that’s so funny…Sally was my nickname when I was a kid! It kind of reverted back to Sarah when I went to school (my sister Elizabeth wasn’t so lucky…she’s known as Betsy to this day!)

My brother was going to be Eleanor if he was a girl, too. Our moms must have had the same taste in names. :slight_smile:

I’m still stuck on the “get the word out” aspect. Are there registered voters left in this country who have not yet heard of Sarah Palin or John McCain? Seriously, I just don’t get it.

“Hi, this is my daughter, Sarah McCain Palin.”

“Oh, she’s adorable. Who’s she named after?”

“Why, this year’s Republican presidential ticket!”

“Really? I had no idea - tell me more!”

:rolleyes: