Man (or alien?) made structure on Mars?

No they did not.

Maybe he read The Martian Chronicles one too many times and started to think it was non-fiction? :dubious:

Because NASA would be ever so eager to cover up something guaranteed to get them all the funding they want for pretty much ever. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that all this “alien artifacts” talk is a C-rock. :stuck_out_tongue:

How’d that work out for them? :rolleyes: which gets more funding: “We have pictures of Mars with no life, but pretty rocks that only scientists care about” versus “We have pictuers of aliens on Mars. We think they have oil.”

Now hang on a minute: there is a fact here.

let’s rephrase that to be: “The fact remains that I saw what I believed to be canals on Mars.” It’s definitely not a fact until a person goes there, and spends X numbers of days digging around in Martian sand, looks at all kinds of stuff, digs some more, publishes his findings in a peer reviewed journal, gets laughed at, goes back home to drink away his sorrows, and then sobers up when years later somebody else gets the credit for his work. *Then *it’ll be a fact that there were canals on Mars. Not a minute before. :smiley:

Everyone agrees something was there, it’s just difficult to determine without being there whether it was blurry blobs of nothing or an actual irrigation system on a planet inhospitable to life. :slight_smile:

The more unconvincing part of his post was where he said that they were “visible to the naked eye”. That’s pretty easy to debunk right there. To the naked eye - mars is just a dot of light. I don’t care how good your eyes are. Or how naked.

You make so little sense here that I am intrigued, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Perhaps you could rephrase? Alphaboi was being sarcastic…clearly. And his point was a very good one.

The point I failed to make effectively was that if NASA was covering up evidence of alien life, they completely shot themselves in the foot. The real world, with no evidence of alien life on Mars or anywhere else, had the manned space program budget cut out of existence. If NASA had any such evidence, they were fools to hide it - releasing the evidence would have guaranteed NASA’s budget for ever. That was alphaboi867’s point also. I’m going back to reading comprehension school now. :smack:

Hey that’s where I left that thing! Mars, go figure, that’s the last place I would have looked.

False. Mars appears as nothing more than a big bright star to the naked eye. And if any such thing had appeared through small telescopes, someone would have simply taken a picture of them.

If they serve booze there would that be a Mars Bar?

If these features were covered in by dust storms I imagine they wouldn’t “Fall” in !!!

I was more impressed with the link on that page that shows Charles Schulz drew Batman!