Man translates holy books into DNA and injects it into himself

If you google (on google.fr) <Adrien Locatelli adn* Grenoble>

You get this story from The Daily Mail, The Sun, Fox news, The Christian Mail… all in English. Virtually no hits in French. Ya thinking what I’m thinking?

Except…

*Bonjour, je m’appelle Adrien Locatelli. Je suis passionné de biochimie et j’ai comme passe-temps l’écriture de scénario.

Trans: Hello, my name is Adrien Locatelli. I am passionate about biochemistry and my hobby is scriptwriting.*

Now: Ya thinking what I’m thinking?

j

• ADN - French for DNA. Tho ADN is not part of the hit detailed above.

There are two papers posted to Open Science Framework, one by the named student in the news articles, and one by what may be a relative or alias, Tidjani Locatelli. While there is no outside corroboration the claimed “experiment” occurred, someone either with a middling grasp of high school level biology or someone convincingly simulating it wrote the papers and it’s not technically implausible to do it.

The first is at https://osf.io/yj8xw and the second, earlier, at https://osf.io/q9xzj. The second paper is much more informative as to the mindset involved. It shows they believe that, because certain features of their encoded text are similar to an “open reading frame”, that is, a genetic sequence that begins with a start codon and continues for an arbitrary length of amino acids without intervening stop codons, that there is biological significance to text fragments from religious texts that prove the existence of God.

This is of course ridiculous, as if you create an encoding scheme as the author did, you can give it whatever properties you want. Combined with the huge amount of possible source material, it is virtually certain to find some text fragment that yields the desired aesthetic quality.

I’ve found him to be very knowledgable on coding, Arduino type stuff, and biology. While I am personally sad that the subject won’t mutate into something hideous, if Cleophus says that the injection will have no effect then it will have no effect.

I do however, refuse to accept that we can’t replicate Dr Langstrom’s ManBat serum.