Manhattan Prosecutors file criminal charges for Trump re Stormy Daniels case - ongoing discussion here

As always, he’s a) hoping somebody else will do the heavy lifting of organizing the event(s), and b) maintaining plausible deniability that he had nothing, nothing, to do with the ensuing violence & destruction that occurred solely in his name.

“PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!” - Donald Trump, calling out the mob to defend him with violence

This does not sound promising for a peaceful exercise of the law. He’s actually asking his supporters to rise up in opposition, again. It did not go so well for America last time.

We might get a Four Seasons Landscaping kerfuffle again.

I agree with your point, but it went worse for the protesters traitors than it did for the country.

My birthday was yesterday, but it’s okay that I may have to wait a few extra days for this wonderful gift to arrive! Donald Trump is getting arrested!

Huzzah for the rule of law!

ETA: this whole scandal does raise an interesting alternative timeline, doesn’t it? What if Stormy Daniels had turned down the hush money and instead run to the press in the days before the election? I wonder how that October surprise would have played out.

If the insurrectionists show up again, I suspect they will not be met with kindness in NY. Every cop will have a back up of 10 people.

Dude’s having a panic attack.

THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!

When did he start writing in the third person? Is that new or did I miss it?

Why would he predict Tuesday?

Obviously he wants riots and disruption in the hopes the AG will back off.

I confess that I’m not sure what he’s allegedly being arrested for. I don’t grasp why it’s illegal to pay someone money to not disclose something.

He does it a lot.

With election funds.

I think the reporting of the payment is where he allegedly broke the law.

Ahh, yes. That’s quite illegal.

He’s been the Third-Person-In-Chief for a long time.

“Of Trump’s many rhetorical habits, perhaps none is more bizarre than his tendency to refer to himself in the third person when discussing seemingly anything.”

It’s not a perfect correlation. But the association, in and out of politics, between referring to oneself in the third person and jackassery is striking.

MTG is taking it well.

The odd thing is that everyone, including me in that group, is taking Trump’s word for this! What has become of us?!

Someone posted a videoblog by a former NY Assistant DA who figured the grand jury will meet next on Monday and is likely to vote for an indictment then. If so, then an arrest would follow the next day. So it’s not just Trump’s word here.

I forget which thread that was posted in.

Let’s be clear: No arrest is going to occur on Tuesday. Manhattan has no jurisdiction in Florida to execute an arrest warrant.

Trump will be afforded an opportunity to voluntarily surrender to an arrest warrant and appear in Manhattan for an arraignment. This is the process to which Trump’s attorney has said Trump will adhere.

So trump’s declaration that he will be arrested on Tuesday is, not surprisingly, incorrect, just like every other statement that ever came out of his piehole. :roll_eyes:

Maybe he thinks he’ll be arrested for something else.