Mansplaining to others how people get the gay - Am I doing it right?

You’re using “mansplaining” wrong, as others have pointed out.

Original meaning:
(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.
“I’m listening to a guy mansplain economics to his wife”

From the Urban Dictionary:
*Originally, this term was used to describe boorish men who felt the need to “correct” what a woman said, even on topics that the man didn’t know anything about.

However, the term quickly degenerated into a get-out-of-jail-free card used by angry women when a man dares to point out even the most blatant error.
Old: That Bob is trying to tell Jill how to raise a horse? She’s raised championship thoroughbreds for decades and he’s never even ridden a horse. What a stupid mansplainer!

New: OF COURSE HAMSTERS KNOW HOW TO SPEAK IN RUSSIAN! STOP MANSPLAINING!*

You’re using it to mean “men are stupid. How do I explain things to them in a way they’ll understand.” Which is particularly ironic, since you yourself say the thing you’re trying explain is something you don’t really understand yourself.

Actually thewiki on mansplaining I sought out after being confronted on it’s usage was quite interesting. That little word had come a long way, was older than I thought and is actually in the dictionary now.

Looks like mansplaining is going the way of “thug”.