Marie Callender's Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy - review

The problem with sausage these days it is often quite lean, a certain amount of fat is required to make it work. I have learned how to make it because it’s really good once in a while. Best with runny poached eggs over crispy hash browns and of course biscuits, maybe a splash of hot sauce. Grape jam, juice, coffee, etc.

recipes recommend using some cream or half&half along with Milk to make it richer, also a bit of chicken broth or boullion. A small amount of instant or regular strong coffee is tasty too.

I bought it in Colorado Springs. Its a new item. It might be available where you are

Down South once, traveling for work, I saw a Bob Evans sausage gravy machine (dispenser) at a convenience store. Ever since, those five words have stuck in my brain and I say them to myself from time to time.

Bob Evans sausage gravy machine.

Yes, master. More gravy please.

Was that an angelic choir I just heard singing?

So I tried it today. Gravy was excellent. I expected more from the biscuits though. they were kind of spongy and rubbery and more like a Pillsbury biscuit than a home made flaky one.

Bob evans sausage gravy machine

Ooooooooh…mmmmmmm…

Say it again.

Aw, come on. If we were bicyclists and they weren’t, we would mock them.

Pass me one of your homemade biscuits. Here’s the gravy boat, I can see you need a bit more of my homemade sausage gravy…another cup of coffee?

I admire your equanimity, but…the horror. The horror.

Bob evans sausage gravy machine

I make both, and it will put you into a coma of sheer ecstasy just before it stops your heart. It’s why I almost never order it at a breakfast joint; it never measures up and is often just inedible Elmer’s glue.

Bob evans sausage gravy machine!!!

:smiley:

Own a Bob Evans sausage gravy machine!* (Or just see what one looks like.)*

Sounds kinky!

Yeah, I think that’s still illegal in some states.

I purchased these for my parents as an easy to eat treat in the morning and promptly put them in the freezer and threw away the box. Can anyone tell me the suggested heating times on the bags of gravy and the biscuits. Obviously I can get it done but want to know what is suggested. Thanks.

Biscuits open end of pack put in microwave for 55 seconds to 1 minute … Gravy put on microwave safe dish then puncture once or twice … put in microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.

this was asked and answered on the Sams Club page. I guess a lot of people throw out the box and lose the cooking instructions. :wink:
http://reviews.samsclub.com/answers/1337/product/prod18983385/questions.htm