Mark on your soul

Ok…having seen some of the threads on here, even as a newbie, I have one to throw out…What is the one event in your life that you most regret?..The thing above all others that you feel will be held against you in whatever afterlife you believe in. I’ll relate mine…I came back from the Navy to a woman that I had met while home on leave one time…She was divorced and has a great little boy…none of that was a problem with me…we saw each other for about 3 years…about 3 times a week. Due to many things about her and lotsa things about me, I decided that it just wasn’t going to work…while I’d love to believe that if we got married all those annoying habits would go away, I know better…So to end this, I stoped seeing her, and while I know she’ll be fine eventually, I feel very bad about the boy…I saw him more often that his father did…I was his dad to a certain extent…and I know that he didn’t understand what happened at all…anyone else wanna add their’s?

Does selling your soul to the devil so your aunt will die horribly and painfully count? <just kidding…wait a second… yeah, just kidding. ;)>
Hmmm…There are things that I regret doing but in my religious views I don’t believe anything will be marked against my soul. Mostly I regret the fights I used to have with my older sister but I don’t chalk this up to any comparison to my soul.

SC

I have two that I semi-regret. “Semi” meaning that I love my life now but would like to have seen how it would’ve been different if I’d chosen them.

1. Wouldn’t have broken up with the guy I dated in the military. Wonderful man-gentle, sweet, funny, fun to be around, great lover etc. However, at time I was still “trapped” in the narrow-minded, fundamentalist religion I was raised in and he didn’t fit that. ::sigh::
  2. Shoulda stayed in the Navy. Would’ve been (most likely) a CPO by now. Miss it.

Like I said, I love my life. Just wish we had more than one chance with the one we’re given! :slight_smile:

Does selling your soul to the devil so your aunt will die horribly and painfully count? (just kidding…wait a second… yeah, just kidding.) :wink:
Hmmm…There are things that I regret doing but in my religious views I don’t believe anything will be marked against my soul. Mostly I regret the fights I used to have with my older sister but I don’t chalk this up to any comparison to my soul.

SC

Crap, this read my first post as an html tag.

Sorry… it looked awfully weird without the just kidding there.

SC