Mars time vs. Earth time

Mars orbits the Sun is at a slower pace relative to Earth. Does this mean that Earthlings age at a slower rate than Martians?

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe this, in absolute terms. By what mechanism would the oribtal speed, whether in raw terms (e.g. miles per hour) or relative terms (e.g. revolutions per Earth-year), affect how creatures, at least with long lifespans, age? I suppose it could affect creatures with a small lifespan that are tied to seasonality – for example, hypothetical Martian insects who are born in spring and die in the autumn might live longer in raw terms than Earth insects who are born in spring and die in autumn. But human-length lifespans? I don’t see how that would or could be affected.

She is asking about relativistic effects. They are not going to be of huge magnitude.

If you, as DPRK thinks, mean relativistic effects, then the higher gravity is a more important factor, but working in the same direction. And to an observer on Mars Earth clocks would move a tiny bit slower, but this would be an actual change in the flow of time, so we’d experience the same life spans (all other factors having no effect).

Other clocks would appear to be running at another rate, but you wouldn’t notice anything except those clocks seem to be running at different speeds than you.

An astronaut, or a sherpa living at a higher altitude also experiences time diffrently than you, and in fact, while standing your head’s clock is moving faster than your feet’s clock.

But as others have mentioned in these cases the effects are fairly small, but if there weren’t other effect 100 years on the ISS would extend your life by one second compared to a person on the ground.

The more important concept is that there is no universal clock, and that it is purely relative. There are cases in life where this can become a factor, as an example GPS time is actually the apparent time at the center of the earth below your location. While the implications for us as humans is small it is a significant error with modern high precision timing devices and has to be accounted for.

D’oh! Obviously I should have realized the question was about relativity.