Mary had a little lamb, and needs a recipe

OK, I don’t know who Mary is, but I made a boneless leg of lamb, roasted in herbs last night (which turned out delicious), and now I have about two pounds of leftover roast lamb.

What are some interesting ways to serve leftover lamb?

My mother would cook some pasta using the juice and adding water as needed (definitely do not add any salt), then add the meat cut in cubes.

The same can be done with stews and with fried sausages.

Grandpa Simpson Voice: Call me mint jelly cause I’m on the lam(b).

That would make a nice sandwich on a hard roll.

Shepherds Pie, of course.

Recipes abound on the 'net.

Kebabs of course.

On a platter have:

thinly sliced cooked lamb
sliced tomato
shredded lettuce
hummus
grated cheese
tabouli salad
sliced onions
grilled peppers
yoghurt cayenne sauce
chile sauce

pile ingredients to taste on unleavened Lebanese bread, roll up and toast preferably in your focaccia toaster.

Along the same lines as making pita, you could go the Taco Salad route and incorporate the lamb into a salad. There are some great recipes for Greek Lamb Salad and Thai Lamb Salad in the first page of this Google search.

Personally, I love Fatoosh salad and think some chunks of lamb added to it would be the perfect way to go.

I might add some personal touches and hop it up a bit to make it more like a Taco salad. I guess you could call it a Pita Salad:

I’d probably take the leftover Lamb and chop it up and maybe heat it through in a pan with a couple of Tablespoons of Oriental Chili-Garlic paste. Then serve it over a traditional Fatoosh salad with a drizzle of tzatziki or just plain yoghurt. This is a good Fatoush recipe I found online (Sumac is the one ingredient that is hard to find, but in my opinion it makes this salad):

Fatoush

2 cups shredded lettuce (romaine and/or iceberg)
1 large or 2 small cucumbers, small dice
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped parsley, leaves only, no stems
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves, no stems
1/2 to 1 green pepper, diced
1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
1/2 teaspoon sumac
2 pieces of pita bread toasted until golden brown, broken into pieces the size of a quarter
Dressing:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
2 to 4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
In a small bowl mix all dressing ingredients well.
Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 to 1 cup dressing. Serve immediately.

I make a simple curry. Cook a minced apple and onion until soft, add curry powder (I know, I know) mixed with flour until it starts to stick, add water and stir. Add cubed lamb and cook until done. Serve over rice with chutney.

Or you could use a homemade Harissa or piri-piri in place of the Chili-Garlic Paste: put it on the menu, call it Moroccan Lamb Salad, and charge $20.00 for a plate of salad …and simultaneously use up all of the Restaurant’s leftover lamb.