Masked man attacks people in 7-11 with hatchet. Armed customer saves everybody.

Looks like a way to ruin a perfectly good shotgun.

Probably just some kid with nothing to do looking for a way to relieve the Borden.

There’s a hacker joke in here somewhere that I can’t make myself put together.

Oh come on, I am sure you can think of something cleaver.

Nah. It’s just a bayonet with a glandular problem.

If a Masked Man was attacking an Indian, I’m assuming he finally found out what “kemosabe” really meant.

Say what?

From here:

Depending on the skill of the person wielding the tool and the sharpness of the blade, there isn’t necessarily a big difference between the two tools.

I guess I haven’t participated in enough SDMB gun debates, since I’m not sure why this situation calls for snark. Puns, sure, we can’t get away from those nor should we, but the customer’s action looks exactly like the kind of defensive gun use that gun-rights advocates trumpet.

“All I said to the clerk was, can I axe you somethi…”

I’m sure you didn’t mean to pick a fight.

I am sick and tired of all these anti-axe folks who start these threads and don’t even know the difference between an axe and a hatchet!

I’m impressed the guy kept his composure and was able to get off a clean shot. It’s not easy in a situation like that in the middle of a violent attack.

I’m not sure that I could have done it. I hunt but thats an entirely different situation. Theres time to aim and relax before pulling the trigger.

I am not Mr. Gun Control or anything, but I might quibble with the title.

I would consider it a stretch to say he saved everybody…considering that the assailant died and all.

He was turning his life around…

Close friends say he wasn’t ecaxetly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He was a “Bad Guy”. So killing him was a Good Thing done by a “Good Guy”. It’s easy when you apply a black and white filter.

I saw “battle axe” in the url and expected a picture of my wife. Now to cut and run before she reads this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Further substantiated by some eyewitnesses claiming the assailant referred to his weapon as ‘Molly.’

The man with the gun is just the sort of person we need to Carry this Nation into the future.

I’ll show myself out.

BWAHA!

Would you be less incensed if the “Good Guy” beat the assailant off with a stale Twinky? He did what was necessary to save the life of an innocent person. Nothing more, nothing less.