May I please kill all the IGNORANT people that equate everything to racial prejudice?

I watched the news last night…and this average looking black woman was on tv griping that the govt. was racist and the Census Bureau was full of hate mongers! She plans to file a lawsuit against the Federal Govt. and refused to fill out the paraphanelia of the “Hate mongers of oppression”.

Her reason…the word Negro is listed on the Census as a race!
/rant

Negro is a word accepted worldwide by all races as a term for black people, INCLUDING black people and the NAACP!

Ever heard of the United Negro College Fund?

Why are there people like this alive?
One of this ladies gripes was “I am not a damn negro…I am an African American!” Then check that box dammit!

Besides, she is not a fucking African American, any more than I am a European American…she is a FUCKING American period!!!
People like this In my honest opinion, are the type of people that will continue to keep racism and segregation alive for all time…

In my limited experience, I’ve discovered everyone is an idiot until they’ve prove themselves otherwise!

-SS

PitpitpitpitpitpitPITpitpitpitPITpitpit…

Lining the topic up…eyeballing it…Kicking it Baummm there it goeeeesssss to the pit.

Good topic wrong forum. :slight_smile:

Yours truly,
aha

By the way…pardon the language please…I just have very strong feelings on this issue!

In my limited experience, I’ve discovered everyone is an idiot until they’ve prove themselves otherwise!

-SS

Can a moderator move it and tell me which forum this type of stuff shoud be in…sorry, still not familiar with protocol here :confused:

/Scampers away into the darkness…

-SS

Sky - don’t worry about it. :: Pat’s Sky on the back and offers him a beer::

Excellent topic, btw!

To answer the OP - YES!

Carpe Jugulum

More blame should go to the idiot news director who put this person on the air.

Reason number 6 million not to watch the local news.

I have to admit I am baffled as to why “Negro” is no longer acceptable.
I am also baffled as to why people have to be labeld as “African-American,” “Cuban-American,” etc., etc. It seems to me that such labels only perpetuate racial and/or cultural differences. If we really want a homogeneous society, labeling has to stop.

Before this gets to the pit, I’ll just say that I checked “Other” and wrote in American. Otherwise I would have had to check at least 3 of the boxes. The race thing is so 20th century… let’s outgrow it people.

http://www.madpoet.com
Please hit Ctrl-A
I hit Ctrl. Now what, eh?
Damn Canadians.

Before this gets to the pit, I’ll just say that I checked “Other” and wrote in American. Otherwise I would have had to check at least 3 of the boxes. The race thing is so 20th century… let’s outgrow it people.

http://www.madpoet.com
Please hit Ctrl-A
I hit Ctrl. Now what, eh?
Damn Canadians.

Sky, I agree with you…to a point. Read “Assata,” by Assata Shakur. She was a Black Liberation Army member, who was imprisoned and falsely accused of killing a state trouper. While her own blatant racism is distracting (I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, NOT EVERY WHITE PERSON IS A BIGOT!)it is an amazing book, and the history she cites is impressive. It definately gave me a brief, brief look into the frustrations of being black in urban America. Read it, you may find you’ll be a little less enraged.

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who thought this. I say it should be against the law (punishable by forced extended listening to back street boys songs) to claim to be a X-American if you’re NOT FROM X!! You’re not an african-american if you’re not a recent immigrant from AFRICA. It doesn’t count if your family immigrated 4 generations ago.

I’d wager that 90% of these people claiming to be African americans or puerto rican americans or whatever have never even seen the places they claim as home.

And have you noticed that the Self-Appointed [sarcasm]spokes-humans[/sarcasm] (PC-ness sucks a lot) for minority groups tend to be the ones keeping the idea of racism alive, by using it as a crutch at every turn? The actual members of the minority groups aren’t even racially divisive, it’s mainly the people who presume to speak for them.

Granted, this may be my limited experience talking here…I come from New Mexico where white people can’t afford to be racist, because they’re the numerical minority. hehe But I’ve noticed the same trend during the year I’ve lived in Jersey.

Oh, what’s that? So now you say life sucks?
Well 99% of it’s what you make of it…
So if your life sucks, YOU suck!

Joe_Cool

It happens. You have that kind of people everywhere, even on this board (not many, but some). The most important thing is to concentrate on making yourself better and by doing so making it better for everyone around you.

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

I agree with you, Sky. However, here’s something that might make you feel a little better:

If she had said that the term “Negro” was fine, it wouldn’t have been on the news. News people go looking for controversy, because it makes for good ratings. Just because one vocal bitch was, well, bitching doesn’t mean that it’s the majority view.

I’d also like to add that when I saw “Negro” on the form, my first impulse was a knee-jerk liberal one as well. (Old habits are hard to break.) Then I remembered that it was in fact the correct term. If I were black, it might have taken me longer.

God is my co-pilot. Blame Him.

Well gee, my census form had the box for that race marked “black, African American, or Negro”, so I’d say she’s covered - whatever term she wants is on the list.

I gotta agree with the sentiment.

Yeah, the census is a racist plot. That’s why there’s a dozen different Spanish categories, and one generic “white”.