"Me an X" vs. "X and I": is the latter doomed?

Sorry, meant trebuchet

“I and Bobby McGee” sounds kind of strange, doesn’t it?

In context, the lyric is “Good enough for me and Bobby McGee”.

“Me and X” is something people have been saying for a really, really long time, but the “X and I” construction remains the one considered proper. I don’t see why that would change now.

I think it’s the other way around. I hear people saying “X and I” even when “X and me is correct.” It’s hypercorrection.

“I and that Bobby guy”

From the Beatles’ Anna

Anna, you come and ask me, girl,
To set you free, girl.
You say he loves you more than me,
So I will set you free.
Go with him.

Does it mean “you say he loves you more than [he loves] me” or “you say he loves you more than [I love you]”? Does anyone actually get confused about this love triangle, or do we all understand the context and figure it out?

Me loves Anna a lot, isn’t that obvious? Me love her long-time.

I see/hear it that way much more frequently also. But the thing that really makes me cringe is to hear “Someone and I’s thingy”, like “Joe and I’s anniversary”. Ugh!

Moi et Robert mangeons le steak.

I don’t think it belongs in Factual Questions, but the current problem isn’t the demise of the latter. And the former isn’t intrinsically wrong — it’s a speech construction that could be completely to the grammatical benefit of me and X — it just shouldn’t occupy the subject position, where me and X would definitely not approve of it, although X and I certainly would. No, hon, the problem is that zillions of people who can’t comprehend that distinction, and who are convinced that ever saying “me and X” is abhorrently wrong, even when it’s not, have resorted to inserting “myself and X”, or “X and myself”, in hideous sentences like “The document was throughly reviewed by X and myself” or “X and myself went to the conference and represented the organization”.

(reputedly Oxfordshire: with the photographer) “Do ‘ee sit still and stop jigglin’. ‘E be troi’in’ to focus.”
“What, both on we?”

Us Tareyton smokers have a problem with this thread.