Medical Question: My Ear After a 2 Flights

Advocating for homeopathy here at the SDMB garners as much positive notice as advocating for the moon landing being a hoax or endorsing holocaust denial.

Just so you know . . .

:wink:

Regardless of the nonexistent active ingredients in Similasan, I’m not sure that dripping even pure water into a possibly infected ear is more likely to be helpful than harmful. When I’ve had ear infections, the doctor warned me not to get water in the ear while showering until it was cleared up.

Gotcha. I am not a an advocate of homeopathy. I woulda went the the ER that night. I am a bit of an alarmist when it comes to health. I was trying to give Sunny Daze an easement thru the night.

A nonpossessory right to use and/or enter onto the real property of another without possessing it? How would that help? :eek:

Oh, maybe you mean a state or feeling of comfort or peace. Never mind . . .

:smiley:

Yeah, I kinda/sorta made up that usage of the word.

Ya got me. Wikipedia says it:

“is a tube that links the nasopharynx to the middle ear. It is a part of the middle ear.”

It goes both ways. I bet you anything that the OP had pain during ascent too. The pain is just stronger on descent. I don’t know why but I guess that the same membranes are being flexed again (a second time) in such a short period of time.

So how did you make out?

Hopefully it doesn’t need to be HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT?

Regards,
Shodan

Yeah, sometimes eustachians close up more after use, maybe just because your cold medicine is wearing off.

There’s something in scuba diving called “reverse squeeze”. Normally if your tubes are giving you trouble, it’s at the beginning of a dive. This is annoying, but not a big deal, since you can always abort the dive if you can’t get your ears to equalize. But sometimes, your tubes get problematic at the end of the dive when you’re trying to surface, and the pressurized air in your inner ear can’t escape. Then you’ve got the whole blinding pain vs. dwindling air supply dilemma.

I didn’t go yesterday because I had a school commitment for my son all morning, and by afternoon I felt too ill to go anywhere. I realize that sounds ridiculous, but since I would have had to drive myself there and back, and my thinking power was broken, it made sense to me at the time.

I still don’t feel so great and may go later today.

Hope you feel better soon. I had a very similar experience and the doc told me I had a bad ear infection.

I think you should be on a regimen of pseudoephedrine for multiple days. I’d also hit the nasal spray pretty hard for a few days.