Memorable license plates

I saw a NYS plate “nosoup4u” not long ago. And a Lamborghini with “winning”, which turned out not to be Charlie Sheen. On my block a few months back, there were two separate cars with Bob Dylan-themed plates, something like “HWY61RVS” (though I neglected to write it down) and another one to similar effect.

And to the first person tempted to claim they once saw a white Rabbit with “ML8ML8”, I have that issue of Penthouse, too (it’s the Pia Zadora cover from '83).

Hmm, let’s see if I can remember any of the license plates in my past …

603 ANJ: The A-100 Dodge van my dad had when I was growing up. Many a camping trip was had in that van. (Most of these camping trips involved never-ending swarms of flies following me around, so the memories weren’t all pleasant.)

1GLA859: The silver-gray 1981 Toyota Corolla wagon I inherited from my mom. Once you’ve had a wagon, you never want to go back.

5FRA846: (I’m not too sure about those last 3 digits) The white 2003 LW-200 Saturn wagon I had until 2011. Given to one of my wife’s friends who needed it, when I replaced it with my current Chevy HHR.

I have no memory of the license plate of my first car (a 1976 turquoise WV Rabbit that always had engine trouble), my first or second motorcycle, the 1977 Yellow Cadillac, or the 1994 gold S-series Saturn wagon.

But I do remember that the original, yellow-on-black California license plate that came with my briefly-owned 1959 Edsel Ranger started with DOU. I’ve still got that plate somewhere.

Yay! I turns out that the person who had claim to them was,
in fact, me. I found my old plates in the closet and went down to the AAA and just like that they’re mine again…

Seen in Britain (where you can’t get custom numbers, but the system throws up interesting ones sometimes that, I think, can be traded): KGB 5

In California: MY FLU Z (my floozie).

I think it means he already has - unless you mean he looked like the kind of guy who would exceed his orders by conquering a whole province of Pakistan.

I regularly see, on a late model Cadillac, AINT4U.

For some reason, this post reminds me of two other cars I’d see frequently: A black Supra with 6E2OTA, and a blue Volvo with BLU VOVO.

I don’t get it.

Three I’ve seen very recently that I’m still trying to figure out:

THORTEX

LPDIVOT

III 1776

I live in Pennsylvania, so 1776 actually makes some sense, but why the III?

On a small blue hatchback: CRIVNS

I only remember one plate I ever had:

EDITER

scr4, I think if I saw that car, I’d have to stop the driver and propose marriage. That’s priceless.

OK. I’m lost. Anyone got a little help here?

Re-running the classics:

Beat up old Continental: NOACCT
Plymouth Horizon, blue in color: BEYOND
Presumably gay owner: IM1RU12
Don’t know if this was actually done, but it should have been:
Ford Pinto: KABOOM (their gas tanks ruptured, engulfing the car in seconds of rear-ended. Ford fought it before finally putting a $.50 plastic ring around the filler neck)
IN CA, the “WAS HIS” was on a red Caddy ragtop driven by a “well-endowed” blonde.

QtM: GA is the “Peach State”, not FL.

My vanity plate is “WARPED”, but then, I’m a weaver, so it makes sense. My old plate was “SPINDR”, for spin doctor, because I also teach spinning. Sadly, not too many people got that one.

“Crivins!” is a general purpose exclamation common amongst the Nac Mac Feegle, also known as the Wee Free Men, or the Pictsies. They are very short, very strong, very blue from the intricate tattoos they wear, and rather dirty. Also very loyal.

It’s a Terry Pratchett reference. Try Wee Free Men first.