Memorable license plates

Saw a SmartCar the other day with a license plate that said “DUMBCAR”. Not sure if it was comedy or if he had just grown to dislike it that intensely.

A while back I saw I (HEART) BDSM driving around San Rafael, CA. Appropriately, the car was tied up in traffic.

The best one I ever saw was a Volkswagen Rabbit with the plate HRUDUDU.

I put a hyphen and an apostrophe on mine, so now it reads “Fuckin’ (car)”. My friends think its pretty funny. Not sure what the Highway Patrol would think. But I’ve got a pretty good idea. :smiley:

Parked in the staff only space outside an optician’s surgery, a car with the reg: MI EYE.

There is one here in town that says GOBIAS. I love it. There is another that says SMASHLY. The three cars I have seen it on have all been dinged up. It used to be parked on my street a lot, but they must have moved. I haven’t seen it in a while.

I saw a yellow Deuce Coupe in downtown Santa Cruz last weekend, with a “THX 138” plate.

Handicapped plate: BLIND 2

I did not park near him.

Back around 1974 me and my girlfriend were hitching cross country. We got a ride with a well dressed guy with a sort of flamboyant air who said he was a lawyer. I’ve never forgotten his vanity plate, which said EAT UP.

We were really glad when we got out of that car.

nm

What a wonderfully esoteric plate!

I applaud the owner of the car and all who get it.

(And it’s much better than hraka)

The Florida plate A55 RGY (with the picture of an orange between the 5 and the R)

There used to be a car I saw often around town with “SOITENLY”.

My favorite license plate story: NO PLATE. I do not miss the California DMV.

This one’s pretty good: “WAS HIS”

Growing up there was a woman in town that had a 900s with “SNAAB”

A friend back in the day had a 240Z with RUNVS which I finally decoded as “Are you envious?”

Bill Bowerman, legendary track coach at the University of Oregon, had JOG 440 on his.

Lawrence Welk was supposed to have A1ANA2.

When I run by the owners’ house, their driveway has a bright yellow Smartcar with a license plate that says “OUI WEE.” One time I saw the couple driving it, and they looked like they were 85 years old!

A coworker channelled Popeye for his VW Bug’s license plate: AGAGAGA.

One of the best I’ve seen was several years ago up in Anacortes.

“PECAVI”

Saw the driver. He looked like he would, too.

Look it up in your Latin dictionary.

I was on the curb in Times Square one time and this sedan sped around the corner right in front of me – dark with tinted windows. The license plate read RIP GDG. My initials!! :eek:

Imgur