Memorable lines in movies about real-life rock bands.

Another one from Almost Famous: Upon hearing that their crappy little airplane is in danger, they started singing the Buddy Holly song “Peggy Sue.”

That movie has got some great ones:

Barry: Holy shit. What the fuck is that?
Dick: It’s the new Belle and Sebastian…
Rob: It’s a record we’ve been listening to and enjoying, Barry.
Barry: Well, that’s unfortunate, because it sucks ass.

Barry: Top 5 songs about death. A Laura’s Dad tribute list, okay? Okay. Leader of the Pack. The guy fuckin’ beefs it on his motorcycle and dies, right? Dead Man’s Curve. Jan & Dean.
Dick: Do you know that right after they recorded that song Jan himself crashed his car.
Barry: It was Dean you fuckin’ idiot.
Rob: It was Jan. It was a long time after the song.
Barry: Okay, whatever. Tell Laura I Love Her. That would bring the house down - Laura’s Mom could sing it. You know what I’d want? One Step Beyond by Madness. And, uh, You Can’t Always Get What You Want.
Dick: No. Immediate disqualification because of its involvement with The Big Chill.
Barry: Oh God. You’re right!
Dick: Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot.
Barry: You bastard! That’s so good - that should have been mine.

“What are you telling me? This is an ABBA turd?” - The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Another TV show, but Grounded for Life:
“The Ramones?”
THE Ramones…in their farewell tour.”
“Yeah, we go to all their farewell tours.”
“Yeah, you never know. This could be the last one.”

Rock N Roll High School.
“Do your parents know you are Ramones?”

I realize Bing Crosby was not a rock star by any means (although he did record a Christmas song with David Bowie). But there is one scene from a Bob Hope movie (can’t remember the title) when he and the girl are being chased. They come across a picture of Crosby and the girl asks “Who is this?” Bob Hope responds “A singer before your time” and splashes water on it.

Just to complete the quote, it’s “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!”

I wanted to post this but I figured it would be gone by post 2. Thanks for living up to my expectations.

I like this quote from Rip Taylor in Wayne’s World 2:

I said, “Who are you?” He said,
“Jim Morrison. I’m a dead rock star.”

I said, “I’m not familiar with
your work.” So he played The Doors.

I said, “You’re like a crooner
in the rock milieu, which I like.”

Another TV one, first season of “Lost” when Jin, Sawyer, Michael and WAAAALT are on the raft. (Paraphrased from memory.)

Sawyer is quietly singing Bob Marley’s “Redemption Song” to himself.

Michael: “Are you singing Bob Marley?”

Sawyer: “Yeah.”

Michael: “I didn’t know you liked Bob Marley.”

Sawyer: “Who doesn’t like Bob Marley?”

“Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt, before you jinx them and they break up!”

-Adam Sandler, in “The Wedding Singer”

"He had this idea. It was kind of a virologist idea. He believed that you could cure racism and hate… literally cure it, by injecting music and love into people’s lives. When he was scheduled to perform at a peace rally, a gunman came to his house and shot him down. Two days later he walked out on that stage and sang. When they asked him why - He said, “The people, who were trying to make this world worse… are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness.”

Airheads:

“Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?”
“…Lemmy!”
“Bzzt!”
“God!”
“Trick question, asshole! Lemmy IS God!”