Men in hats

Clothing styles have generally become less formal. Never mind the hats; look at films of baseball games in the 60’s and earlier, and you’ll see men wearing ties and women wearing full-length dresses, and not a sneaker or running shoe in sight.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

One type of hat that has never gone out of “style”, around here anyway, is the cowboy hat. Ooooh, I hate them. And the boots and tight jeans and huge silver belt buckles and striped button-down shirts and string ties. Mind you, I still think there’s something vaguely manly about an actual cowboy wearing his dusty work jeans and dusty old cowboy hat. What makes me cringe is the cowboys and cowboy wanna-be’s who dress in spanking new cowboy attire so they’ll look cool when they go to church and/or try to pick up chicks.

Of course, these people must drive pickup trucks. The hats never come off, except presumably in the shower. (There’s no point in trying to go out to a movie in this town, because the screen is invariably hidden by a sea of huge hats.) A common sight around here is three pseudocowboys out for a night on the town in Bubba’s pickup. Crammed three in a row in the pickup’s seat, they nevertheless refuse to remove the hats. Therefore the Driver Bubba and Bubba On The Far Right roll down their windows a few inches and tilt their heads to the side so their hats can protrude out the open window enough for them to ride without rubbing hats with Bubba In The Middle.

These people also have a high tattoo-to-tooth ratio.

Holly:

This conjures up images, that while I am repulsed by them, still go back to them and cackle.

Waste
Flick Lives!