Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

It’s been a very difficult 2020. I’m thankful my family has survived this year’s pandemic. I’m hoping the new vaccines will make the last half of 2021 much better for everyone.

Our family is small and we’ve been together this entire year. We did less shopping and had fewer presents this year. We’ll have baked chicken with cornbread dressing and sweet potatoes for Christmas Dinner. Homemade peanut butter Fudge for dessert. Watch a couple Christmas movies this afternoon.

How is your family Holiday Going?

We will visit my mom and drop off some food. I’m not comfortable eating (unmasking) with her, but maybe we can spread some holiday cheer.

So far so good. Yesterday I did garage Christmas gift exchange with my BFF. Today my sis and BIL are coming for dinner.

Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls!

We are totally snowed in here, and it’s still coming down. The snow plow drivers apparently have the day off, and AAA is backed up for hours. Luckily, we have no place to go.

And happy birthday, Annie, wherever you are.

Good morning and Merry Christmas. The COVID isolation is not that big of a deal for my Wife and I as it’s sort of our lifestyle. We live way, way up in the Colorado mountains.

My Wifes best friend is over and we had dinner together last night. We’ve known the woman for 30 years, and like us, she works from home. We played cribbage and had some wine and beers. They are out snowshoeing with the dogs now. Later, it’s going to be breakfast burritos. Life as usual really.

Best wishes to everyone, and I do feel for those that this turn of events have hit so many, so hard, in so many ways.

I kinda wish we were snowed in. Since we’re not going anywhere anyway, this is the one Christmas it would work out well to have an extremely white Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yes, happy birthday, Annie. I hope you are well, and i hope you can find yourself back here when it’s safe to use the library.

It’s baby’s first Christmas and our first at home as a family. Christmas dinner turned out okay (hooray) and the baby was bewildered by it all. We were planning to visit my family after Christmas, but sadly had to cancel due to tightening Covid restrictions. WhatsApp calls are a poor substitute, but at least we can talk to each other - and I just found out my sister’s baby has started walking on his own. :tada: Also had a call with the American in-laws, they are hoping to finally use their cancelled flights and meet their granddaughter in 2021.

In many ways I think we’re lucky, the lockdowns would have been much more disruptive at almost any other time in our lives, and working from home means my partner has been able to spend a lot more time with the baby. But like everyone I still can’t wait for things to go back to normal.

Happy Christmas everyone.

While we usually see a lot of snow, we’ve had a very gentle winter thus far. A couple of storms blowing through followed by warming temps every time!

It was 7 degrees Celsius here yesterday, bare lawns as far as you could see, not a snowflake to be seen.

And you just know every kid for miles around went to sleep wishing for snow!

Well, Mother Nature came through in spades, at least 18” over night and this morning, and it’s still coming down steady! There are no cars on the roads and only very hardy dog walkers braving deserted roads as the sidewalks are impassable!

Merry Christmas!

Stay sparkly!

Merry Christmas, y’all!

My wife and the Firebug and I celebrated Christmas with just the three of us. The Firebug was quite happy with his Christmas loot, which included a Nintendo Switch. He’s playing Animal Crossing right now.

We had ham and scalloped potatoes with goat cheese and squash casserole and my grandmother’s green bean recipe, and I made a pumpkin pie. We all ate way too much, and enjoyed every bit of it.

Also, we had enough of a dusting of snow to cover the back deck, which fascinated the cats. (They’re strictly indoor cats, but they were swatting at snowflakes on the sliding glass door.)

Our power went out for 10 hours, so we’ve had to defer our holiday meal until tomorrow.