Michelangelo Code - possible/bogus?

According to this , two brazilian doctors and amateur art enthusiasts have found some hidden anatomy lessons in Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel.

I think, as they do, that a lot of the great artists were into the human body, so I see this as plausible. What do you think? Are they just seeing what they want to see, or is it really an anatomy lesson?

Now if only they can find the Monet-Fold-Ins (a la Mad Magazine :slight_smile: )

I just wanted to add, what do you think the Vatican’s response may be? It seems that if it’s totally true, what would be the harm in saying Michelangelo was representing the divinity inside man. I mean after all, our bodies *are *pretty incredible machines.

It is possible. " It is said that the great Renaissance artist Michelangelo (1475-1564) studied cadavers by candlelight in a dark morgue – enduring the smell of rotting flesh – in order to better understand bone and sinew and muscle. The fruits of his efforts are evident in his painting “The Creation of Adam” on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome and in his marble sculpture “David” in the Galleria dell’ Accademia in Florence."

It is entirely possible he had knowledge of internal structures like the lungs or heart and modeled other objects after them.

Enjoy,
Steven