Mick Foley is the greatest wrestler EVER.

Rock on Lord Ashtar, you did it!!

I count the esteemed Mick Foley as one of my Top 5 role models of all time. The man simply does not feel pain the same as the rest of us mere mortals do. His passion for the business was (is?) very evident and extraordinary and contagious. He had no qualms about sacrificing his body to give the fans our moneys worth on a nightly basis. Who else can lay claim to having not just one or two, but three amazing characters to their credit? When he won the WWF Title I cheered like I had helped him do it. When Mick went off the top of the steel cage and through the announce table I cringed like I had taken the ride with him. Then you top all of that off by adding he is a great dad and husband, and just a general all-around good guy! I didn’t realize how much I had missed Mick until he came out on RAW a month ago. I swear it was like seeing an old college friend walk into my house for the first time in years. I stood, I cheered, I yelled “Mick!” . . . all while watching completely by myself. Does this make me a geek? Likely. Do I care? Not in the least. I want to be Mick Foley. For gosh sakes the man makes having only one ear look sexxxxxy.

I recommend Foleys first two books to anyone, wrasslin’ fan or not. They are fascinating and well written.

In the course of my job I have met many famous people - music stars mostly - no one ever made me nervous. The first time I met Kane (Glen) I marked out like a 12 year old girl at an N*SYNC concert. If I ever had the chance to meet Mick I am not sure i would be able to speak. Seriously. Its goofy right? Ah, the hell with it - we all need heros.

Know what else we need?

A Mankind smiley. . . now that would “freakin rule dude!”