Middle Earth FA63 D&D Game, Third Adventure, Ered Lithui Mystery Creature

Y’know, “Phew” would be a great name for a polecat!

It couldn’t be any more obvious if he had simply said go and loot the orc camp.

The Hobbits head off and suddenly the party hears the cry of an orc screaming an alert.

One orc is charging the two Hobbits.

I need to know what they do and what the party at a distance does.

Put five gold on two hobbits in two rounds

In a hurried whisper, “Scatter! Back to camp!”

With that, Elfstan puts those words to action using his Elvish cloak and boots to their fullest. His goals are as follows. First, to stay ahead of the orcs. Second, to keep an eye on Mulligan if possible to make sure he makes it clear too. Third, he doesn’t want to actually lose the orcs. He wants to lead them back to camp, which is sure to be alerted by the sound of the orcs.

*Edit: If it looks like the orcs will catch him before he can make it to camp, he will look for a somewhat defensible position and turn to fight. This is a last option as he doesn’t want to be made into a pin cushion by the orc with the nice bow.

Curse my clumsiness, I wasn’t meant to get into trouble this early into the episode :smack:

Gwaelur hears the commotion and ready’s his crossbow. He should have no trouble planting a bolt between the eyes of an onrushing orc.

Could you clarify where the hobbits are in relation to the forward scouts?

The scouts were sitting around quietly in camp, letting the high guard and the Hobbits keep watch. So about 1200-1500’ from the orcs.

Brin grabs his bow, quiver, and scabbards. Trying to discern the direction of the commotion, Brin will attempt to flank the orcs position, quickly and quietly, creating a diversion until the more heavily armed and armored can intercede. He expects the hobbits to make straight back to camp, and the orcs to follow directly behind, thus the reason I think flanking will work here. He hopes to hold the line long enough until the M-1 Abrahms known as Gwaelur can join the party.

Noting Brin’s actions Miron picks up and moves to stealthily flank the other side, waiting until Brin fires to begin firing into the group, hoping that fire coming from both sides will confuse the host and distract them from the hobbits.

The orc is gaining on Mulligan with several more just behind.

Brin and Miron both head out, one going left and one going right. Gil-Gandel races forward in case the Hobbits need a fast bit of help.

Gwaelur starts charging forward, x-bow ready. He is flanked by Thoroncir and Riglo. Deor, Renee & Ghân with Fang follow a safe distance behind the mêlée experts.

Elfstan, spins and flings a bullet at the already injured orc. His bullet hits buts fails to kill the orc. :eek:

Elfstan spins again and yelps for help as Mulligan and the orcs close in on him.

An elven arrow fires out from the direction of the camp and hits the lead orc. It is still up. (tough Orc isn’t he?) The orc does slow down, but 7 more are not far behind and slowly gaining on the fleeing Hobbits who dare not stop to fire again.

Gil-Gandel fires again and hits again. The orc final drops.

A long (+1) arrow hits the orc in chain for critical damage of 26 points. It drops instantly to the dismay of both itself and the remaining orcs.

An arrow comes from the opposite side hitting and injuring another orc.

The orcs stop and put arrows to string.

Gil-Gandel’s final arrow hits the one Miron injured and it drops.

Brin’s second arrow hits and injures and orc and Miron misses with his second shot.

The Hobbits flee as the fighters coming charging into the melee.

Five arrows fire at Brin but he is standing at what is long range for the orcs and their short bows. Miron & Gil-Gandel were both closer but harder to see. Brin is hit twice however for 13HP and he is **feeling very queasy and woozy suddenly (He is taking an extra 23 from poison, one save and one fail) ** He will be down 36HP

Miron hits with his final shot and on another orc.

Gwaelur’s bolt hits a third and he drops his cross bow to have his Axe and Shield ready.

So three orcs are dead, three are injured and 2 healthy.

The five orcs aim for the closing fighters. One is bellowing “Khazad Dum” another “Elendil, Elendil” and the last is quiet and frighteningly grim and determined. They fire at the quiet one. One arrow hits him for 7 HP

Brin’s first arrow finds the one he already shot and it departs this existence.

Gil-Gandel & Miron both hit the one Miron hit and it is still standing but the arrows are swiftly followed by to bullets from the Hobbits and it drops.

Riglo puts on a last minute burst to close on the farthest orc and he makes very short work of it.

Gwaelur hits the middle orc with Axe and Shield. The orc is down and Gwaelur chops his head open.

Thoroncir gets the injured orc and he hits it, but it is standing.

Deor cast a bee cantrip on this final orc to distract it a bit.

Ghân races over to Brin with Fang of course.

Miron has the cleanest shot on the remaining orc and shoots and hits. It drops.

The orcs are dead. Brin is seriously injured and looking poisoned.

ummmm…ouch?

Bah, I still have 8 HP. Send more orcs.

Renee rushes over to you and Ghân and helpfully suggest that a neutralize poison should do wonders for him. If you can help his Ghân, I follow that up with my cure light.

Miron rushes from his cover to join Brin, quietly asking Swift Wing to do a quick, high circle to make sure nobody else is sneaking up on the party.

“Does anybody have any medical plants?” he inquires, helplessly digging through his own bags as he offers "I might be able to make something to speed Brin’s recovery.

As Miron rushes over, he realizes the party’s two healing spellcasters are attending to Brin, but Riglo is injured.

He quickly turns his attention to Riglo, assuring the ranger that he’s a professional: “My salves and potions are quite effective, when they work.”

Not having any premade solutions, he casts about the area to see if there are any plants he could adopt into a healing potion or poultice. In the meantime, he hands Riglo his goodberries.

Elfstan runs over to Brin, looking very dismayed about the ranger’s wounds.

Riglo, “Thanks, carefully remove the arrow, let it bleed a bit and then I have some poultice and salve in my pouch that should help.” He describes the herbs that were used to make these.

Miron deftly extracts the arrow and heals him 2 points using his skills and Riglo’s herbals. Riglo eats 5 berries to be at full.

Gwaelur is breathing heavily, from excitment not from strain:

“Any chance you lads saw anything before the Orcs charged you?”

Thoroncir sees that the wounded are, of course, well cared-for. He will nock another arrow in his longbow, protecting Renee and the others while looking around for any additional attackers. When he’s satisfied that the coast is clear, he will search the orc corpses, recover any still-usable arrows and return them to the other archers in the party.