Middle Names

BEAT ! I meant BEAT !!

bangs head on keyboard

Cold

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I guess it still doesn’t explain the Irish blood. My father’s side of the family immigrated to the U.S. from Ireland in about 1745. Jasper is actually a name that pops up again and again. Nimrod is also a name that was used many times; it does have a vaguely nordic sound to it.

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

Coldfire-

Uh, no. I mean Valencia County, New Mexico.

My middle name is Javed. What it means, I haven’t a clue.

“What I wonder is why people are so afraid of everybody coming up with their own reality on their own terms.” - Jerry Garcia

Dirty…sound like one of those made up names…like Jared, but different.

Mine is Marie…yes, catholic! Almost every girl in the family is Marie, or Dawn.
Dad’s middle name is Dean, I love that name.
My honey’s initials spell B.E.D. :o

Fell. No I’m not joking, it’s actually an old family surname (and my mother’s given middle name).

For some odd reason, my grandparents’ decided to give my mother her uncle’s name as a middle name. Her middle name is Rae. For the same odd reason, they decided to carry down the tradition with my name - my middle name is Dale. Being female, this is a little odd, but not too odd seeing as Dale Evans popularized the name for females.

None of my brothers or sisters got this treatment. They got gender specific names, usually taken from family members (Howard, Arthur, Francis, John).

Western. That’s my middle name, as well as my Dad’s (I’m a Jr.). It is not a family name, Dad’s mother died when he was very young and none of the old timers remember why the name was picked. I did pass it to my son, though - Matthew Western. All my life I swore I would not do that, but when the time came I couldn’t bear not to. Go figure.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

I have a friend whose intials are EAT. When in grade school we would all make fun of her buy calling her Eat or ET. She was kinda chunky (well, very chunky) and seemed to be from another planet.

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

My sister, before marying, had the cutet name on the planet: Wendy Jo Walker. And as she is all of 4’10", it suited her perfectly.

For my kids, I intend to use my last name (maiden name as I’m not inclined to change it) as their middle name.

No, no, no. The cutest name.

yeesh.

My middle name is Lois, after my dad’s sister. I kinda don’t like it, because it seems like such a dowdy old lady name (like Mildred or Bertha or Gergtrude), but I have great respect for my Aunt Lois so I’m pleased to be her namesake.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

And it was Mary, Mary, plain as any name can be …

I’ve toyed with the idea of changing it to Maire, since that goes better with my confusing and apparently unpronouncable first name.

And yes, I’m Irish Catholic, and yes, it’s my sister’s middle name, too.

Catrandom

Sigh. “unpronounceable,” that is.

Catrandom the Editrix

My ex’s father’s first name is William. His middle name is Tell. No fooling.

His surname wasn’t ‘Overture’ was it?

That’d be a cool surname, actually… :wink:

My middle name is (Drumroll):

James.
How exciting, no? However the way I got my first and middle names is somewhat interesting. My mom named me after the two doctors who delivered me and my twin brother.

My middle name is Renee, which I rather like.

I use it for the name of my dominatrix alter-ego (just a little light b&d :wink: )

My ex knew he was in trouble when I stated “Je sui Madame Renee” :smiley:

I’m sorry, was that TMI?

Oops, I think that’s “Je suis”

non?

Oui Renée, ça cést juste.

UncleBeer:
Well, one could argue that a lot of Irish blood comes from Schotland (acutally, this is true), and we all know the Vikings kicked the Jocks asses a few centuries back… Maybe some of them decided to hang around and naming their kids Jasper :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)