Midomi--the best internet time waster ever

Click the button. Sing or hum a part of a song. See if their database search can recognize it.

It’s Midomi.

Strangely, the only songs I could manage to think of to sing were by ABBA. That’s just weird. But the search correctly identified “Take a Chance on Me,” “Mamma Mia,” and “Dancing Queen,” all sung with “da da da” instead of words.

Firefox with flashblock wouldn’t play it, though. I had to switch to IE. Bummer.

Pretty cool. I tried a few Christmas carols and they didn’t spot any of them. That may be just because my voice is so bad. :slight_smile:

I tried using it and got zero correct hits. But I think I am just a lousy singer.

That’s kinda awesome! I sang American Idiot and it got it right on the first try. Then I sang the Spice Girls “Wannabe” and it didnt get it when I sang it with lyrics, but when I just hummed the most memorable parts it did get it right. It also got my terrible version of “Piano Man” immediately, and my hummed “Livin’ la Vida Loca.” Since it depends on user recordings I assume it works best when you sing a popular song. Still pretty cool! Now they just need a karaoke version of this website… Singing to your computer is strangely compelling.

This site is awesome. I got three out of three right. I sang Schism by Tool, Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley and then just to throw the algorithm off, a very bad version of Fallin’ by Alicia Keys in a falsetto.