Mild health rant

Since september I’ve had a suprapubic catheter to pee due to a severed urethra (To be fixed in early march), I didn’t have any problems the first couple of months, but for the last 3 weeks or so, I’ve had several complications, basically the small balloon of the foley bursting and the catheter coming out…

It happened the first time a week before Christmas, then, last monday I had it replaced under anesthesia because they needed to enlarge the…hole?.. (Don’t know what other word to use). 2 Days later having been dealing with mild pain and discomfort the last couple of days, the balloon burst out of the blue (I felt the pop inside me), a few hours later the catheter came out.

Again, 2 days later (that’s friday), I felt the fracking balloon popping again… I’ve kept the catheter in place using adhesive tape and I’m scheduled for another replacement later today…

I’m just sick of it… I know a lot of people have it much worse… I know… but still… and actually having the urine bag and all doesn’t bother me at all, it’s the fact that it’s not working properly, I mean there’s people who live with these thing permanently and they don’t have to go to the hospital twice a week for crying out loud :mad:

That’s it, a very mild rant about a very temporary problem, but I needed to vent.

Oh man, you’re entitled to rant. That sounds terribly uncomfortable.

I surely do hope a better solution can be found for you. Feel Better!

There is a better solution, I’ll have surgery in March to fix the problem, I just have to wait this last 2 months.