Mild insults: Not the ______est _____ in the _____

Not the brightest chicken in the sea.

Burnt Sienna.

Win.

Not the winningest win in the Sheen.

Boxer Vinny Pazienza once said of an opponent, “He’s not the sharpest marble in the box.”

Not the Pepsiest Pepsi in the Pepsi vending machine.
*Why yes I am drinking a Pepsi right now.

“Tubelight” is a favourite word here in India.

Not the smartest person in the room.

We were poor and couldn’t afford luxuries like metaphors.

[PSA]
Listen up, people. In order for this metaphor to work as an insult to someone’s intelligence, you have to use adjectives that are synonymous with “smart.” You can’t just pick up any old adjective and noun and throw them together.

“Bright,” “sharp,”“quick,” etc., are all effective adjectives because they are commonly used to mean “smart.”

“He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.” Works
“He’s not the steepest hill in the mountains.” Does not work
“She’s not the quickest sprinter in the race.” Works
“He’s not the creamiest ice cream in the parlor.” Does not work
“She’s not the slickest popsicle in the freezer.” Works

Also, “He’s not the swiftest crayon in the box.” does not work, either, unless you are trying to be deliberately ironic. Crayons aren’t known to be swift.

Thank you.
[/PSA]

Not the brightest bulb in the drawer where you keep the lightbulbs, which is probably, but not necessarily, in the kitchen or basement or maybe even in a cabinet somewhere behind some paper towels and stuff that you forgot all about buying.

Wow, me either!!

Not the wittiest metaphor in Utopia …

OMG! As I read your post I am right now watching a Bollywood film. I am a late start Bollywood fan. I just found fabulous last summer.

Namaste

A bollywood fan!:cool::slight_smile:

How do you find it, when our hero and heroine suddenly start singing and runnning around trees?

ETA: Namaste !

It is totally AWSOME! They are such a terrific departure from the stuff Hollywood forces on us. This afternoon I was watching Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and just SOBBING through most of it. It was so tragically beautiful. The film industry of India has much to be proud of.

Not the foggiest clue in the world.

Not the closest boule in the set.

Not the fattest cross-dresser in that Botero.