Military Stadiums

That guy you’re responding to so crassly is a soldier who has done several deployments to war zones.

If you’re the patriotic guy you present yourself to be, I suggest you apologize. And send him $500. And send me $20 for clearing this all up.

You know, I spent over two decades living and working on military bases. Your idea sucks.

I do not want a football stadium in my backyard now, and I would not have wanted one then.

Have you been paying any attention at all to the debate in the US over the budget deficit?

The US budget is very large, yes, but I don’t think you’re going to find any support at all for billions of dollars for boondoggle stadiums on military bases.

Also: NFL teams are extremely profitable; a big chunk of the income which the individual teams control is what they get at their own stadiums (tickets, concessions, etc.; the TV contract money is split evenly across the teams). No NFL owner will willingly give control of any of that up.

We can’t just make the Mexicans pay for it like they will pay for the wall? Any countries that owe us money?e

I apologize for taking this thread seriously.

I don’t

What? Don’t apologize or don’t take this thread seriously? I gather it’s the latter.

I take every thread seriously mr smarty pants

I’m closing this and giving you a warning for insults or trolling, if you don’t like the first reason, take your pick, because you’re doing both to a certain degree. Either applies, in my opinion. Don’t start another thread if you’re just going to reply to others snarky and/or reply with responses that seem like you’re trolling.