Minor Ethical Issue--Too Puny for GD--Help Needed before Lunchtime!

A few months ago, there was a thread on the SDMB, describing ( I think) how Chik-Fil-A gives money to a certain wacko outfit as a charitable gift.
At least, I think there was. :confused:
I cannot find the thread, & I was running a fever, & very ill when I sorta read it.
At that time, I started boycotting Chik-Fil-A, even though I loved the food.
But now, I can’t even prove the thread existed! :smack: I reseached on Google, but no luck. :frowning: And I am really not certain that I should have boycotted a place, on a decision based on the state of mind I was in at the time.

Should I, without verifying the initial cause, continue to boycott Chik-Fil-A?

Please answer before lunch. :slight_smile:

Whay are Chik-fil-As closed on Sunday?

I seem to recall there was no cite for your assertion, but I haven’t reviewed the whole thread.

Correct issue. But not that thread.

There was an earlier one, with a cited link.

BTW–I’m mostly looking for ethical input.

D’oh! My bad.

Chick-fil-A is openly discriminatory against gays, and has been accused of discriminating against non-Christian employees, and has been boycotted for both (by some). I’ve never seen the donation thing, though.

I know exactly what you’re talking about, Bos, but like you I cannot find the cite. I’m waiting to hear back from my friend at PETA - if there’s dirt on a fast food place, they’ll have it.

If they are ‘openly’ discrimintory against gays and/or non-Christians, you would think that Bosda would find some of evidence in a Google search. Just because they’re a Christian company doesn’t necessarily make them evil. (Although I concede it could be true – I don’t know either way; but I’ll give them benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise).

I got nothing.
Guess you gotta eat there for lunch now, right?

Is this the thread?

Chik-Fil-A and Making Money

I couldn’t boycot Chic-fil-a because I love it too much. They could be nutty fundies or virgin sacrificing satanists and I’d still go there because I love that chicken!!!

No, somebody linked to thast already.

Source

Also, they allegedly fired an employee for not praying to Jesus.

And they’re generally litigious jerks. I wouldn’t want to encourage that behavior. :wally

Thanks. :slight_smile:

And here’s something on S. Truett Cathy’s (owner) dealings with a Presbyterian university. Not really proof of anything (looks like a blog entry), but it may get you moving in the right direction. Haven’t checked out citrus x paradisi’s links, so this may be just dross in comparision.

http://www.grabbingsand.com/mtarchive/2004/05/14/alma_mater_unfamiliar

See, that’s odd, because the owner said in an interview with CNN that a person’s religion was between himself and the Lord.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0207/21/sm.19.html

What someone says to CNN and what they actually do often varies. Actions speak louder than words and all that. :wink: