Miss bright eyes has gone dim. (RIP Shirley Temple.)

My mother was only a few weeks older than her and she had curly red hair and loved to sing so I think she was rather jealous of Shirley. As a kid I used to watch a lot of her movies on TV and would do impressions of her.

She had a pretty impressive life and career.

RIP, Shirley. :frowning:

A friend of mine has a great story that he tells about a friend of his who knew Shirley Temple. Said the two of them were driving around – I think it was California – smoking dope and got pulled over for some minor traffic infraction. This was in the 1960s or early 1970s, so Shirley was well into adulthood by then, but the cop was supposedly so impressed that this was Shirley Temple in the car that he didn’t inspect the activity of the car’s occupants too closely.

My friend tells it a lot better.

A nickel. 6 patients told me similar stories today, and each of them reported it was a nickel. :wink:

Loved her movies as a child, and have great respect for her accomplishments as an adult. Truly an amazing human being from start to end. She will be missed.

She appeared on Mitch Miller 50 years and 8 days ago! (Feb. 2, 1964)

Here’s her duet with Leslie Uggams! Sing Along with Mitch with Shirley Temple 3 of 6 - YouTube

Later in the clip Bob McGrath sings a song (not with her, however).

Thanks muchly. That did make me happy. Here’s another duet, 7 year old Shirley with 27 year old Buddy Ebsen (and 59 year old Si Jenks) “At the Codfish Ball”.

America’s pedophiles have lost an icon! :frowning:

Was that necessary? In a tribute thread the day after a very talented and beloved icon dies? Really?

She was only 85? Her life was so big it seems like she must have been 100 by now.

I’m on it.