missing children

True. The only way they could be used as trackers, even in the loosest sense, would be to install RFID scanners pretty much everywhere possible. But I don’t think we want to go down that road.

It is a good thing that we got rid of those carboard milk cartons in the US that we used to have when I was younger. They had pictures and stories about missing children on the back. So you could read all about it while have morning cereal.

Once we go rid of those cartons, the tragedy of the missing disappeared. It was almost like the cartons were causing the problem. Except that most of the missing were parental custody disputes.

So in a sense you could say that changing from cardboard to plastic, in this instance, saved lives.

Sadly, they have found the body of Harley Dilly, the missing 14-year-old Ohio boy, in the chimney of a vacant house across the street from his home.

I had to walk uphill both to and from school, but never over the roof of the house across the street.

What a horrible fucking way to die. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking of it, and of his family.

This thread has some interesting details.

I was about to post the news myself. Everyone, not only in Ohio fell in love with this poor boy. From what I have heard, it was a quick death thankfully. Even so, its horribly sad.

Six or seven hours is quick?

Compared to however long it would’ve taken for him to starve to death stuck there

What I have been reading is the abductors are going after more minority children. Black, hispanic, and native american.

The story of that kid is one of those things you wish you never read. He was just out doing stupid kid stuff and got killed, it’s so sad.

Curious how they made that estimate and how they know for sure. Compression asphyxia is the cause of death in a lot of crowd crush tragedies like Hillsborough–but those people died within minutes. I really, really hope that was an upper estimate and not true.

Have you actually read this thread?

I really hope that also. I don’t want to think he suffered long, and was hoping they would announce he died within minutes; even if it wasn’t accurate (and how would they know down to the minute?) because everyone would feel better that he didn’t suffer long. It really drew the community together, not just his city, but Ohio and other places.